Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Union: developed or rural areas, school test scores, parental reviews

Old 05-15-2007, 08:49 AM

38 posts, read 152,424 times

Advertisements

I am strongly considering a move to the NC. Although I am confused about what county I should live in. My friend moved to Union (Wesley Chapel) and loves it.

A realtor has been recommending Irdell, Cabarras & Mecklenberg. He has sent me beautiful homes. What is the difference between the four counties? Are they as developed as Union or is Union more rural. As you can see I am lost and want to make the right choice since I have two small boys and do not want to make move after move.

I mean I saw some beautiful houses in those counties but I am heard the houses in Union are a bit more. Is that true? What are the advantages and diadvantages of Union (Wesley Chapel or Weddington area). Is it better to be in the East, West or North or Charlotte as opposed to the Union area?

In other words...............HELP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 11:47 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,170,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINS View Post
I am strongly considering a move to the NC. Although I am confused about what county I should live in. My friend moved to Union (Wesley Chapel) and loves it.

A realtor has been recommending Irdell, Cabarras & Mecklenberg. He has sent me beautiful homes. What is the difference between the four counties? Are they as developed as Union or is Union more rural. As you can see I am lost and want to make the right choice since I have two small boys and do not want to make move after move.

I mean I saw some beautiful houses in those counties but I am heard the houses in Union are a bit more. Is that true? What are the advantages and diadvantages of Union (Wesley Chapel or Weddington area). Is it better to be in the East, West or North or Charlotte as opposed to the Union area?

In other words...............HELP!
Your realtor may be recommending the northern areas because that is what he is most familiar with. I prefer Union County and the southern side of town -- as with all areas some would be more expensive than others. Have a realtor set you up on a Union county search and you can see and compare Best of luck to you

Old 05-15-2007, 12:51 PM

396 posts, read 1,631,165 times
As someone who just moved out to Wesley Chapel from elsewhere, I have to say that the main reason we chose to move out to Union Co. were the schools. After reading...just about every post on this forum...we discovered that people really love the schools out here and they have fairly decent test scores to go along with the parental reviews. We had an agent that really steered us toward S. Charlotte and Union Co. I wish we had spent more time looking elsewhere...but we do like it out here and when you only have 2 weeks to re-locate...you have to trust those around you offerring up advice. Spend some time looking up North with your current agent....include the Denver area and Concord areas, but you should also spend some time with an agent who is VERY familiar with this area as well. I agree with So. Charlotte that agents sell what they know. There is no law against spending a little time with more than one agent. Good luck.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:34 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indraman View Post
As someone who just moved out to Wesley Chapel from elsewhere, I have to say that the main reason we chose to move out to Union Co. were the schools. After reading...just about every post on this forum...we discovered that people really love the schools out here and they have fairly decent test scores to go along with the parental reviews. We had an agent that really steered us toward S. Charlotte and Union Co. I wish we had spent more time looking elsewhere...but we do like it out here and when you only have 2 weeks to re-locate...you have to trust those around you offerring up advice. Spend some time looking up North with your current agent....include the Denver area and Concord areas, but you should also spend some time with an agent who is VERY familiar with this area as well. I agree with So. Charlotte that agents sell what they know. There is no law against spending a little time with more than one agent. Good luck.
Well put INd,
I started my research up in lake norman and worked my way down..I visited the area, then we visited Concord and Harrisburg...we drove through Huntersville...but kept coming back to union county, from our prespecitve we had alot of time to re-locate as IND had very little but both wound up in the choosen area...for us Union County was where we wanted to be, and As time goes by and I finally get there in a couple of weeks I will do an update so then I will already be there and know what im talking about....

Old 05-15-2007, 03:45 PM

38 posts, read 152,424 times
Thank you all so much for your thoughts. My friend Tommy moved from Yonkers, NY to Wesley Chapel about a year ago and said he loves it. I appreciate all your help and words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte