Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2009, 09:34 AM

142 posts, read 413,128 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I are trying to find a church in South Charlotte to have our wedding ceremony. Belk Chapel is booked for all the dates we are looking at for Sept/Oct 2010. Does anyone know of a church that allows non members to have their ceremony at the church. We are members of a church but there is a stage and weddings aren't held there usually.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 12:32 PM

45,217 posts, read 101,028,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulaap View Post
My fiance and I are trying to find a church in South Charlotte to have our wedding ceremony. Belk Chapel is booked for all the dates we are looking at for Sept/Oct 2010. Does anyone know of a church that allows non members to have their ceremony at the church. We are members of a church but there is a stage and weddings aren't held there usually.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you for any input!

Have you checked out St. Mary's just outside uptown near CPCC? It is available for rent and a beautiful setting

Lawrence W. Lueke Studio - St. Mary's Chapel - Charlotte N.C. - Fine Art Prints for Wedding or Bridal or Anniversary Gifts (http://www.lawrencelueke.com/stmarys.htm - broken link)

http://www.wedshops.com/listing_st_marys.html

Old 12-04-2009, 12:42 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,049,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Have you checked out St. Mary's just outside uptown near CPCC? It is available for rent and a beautiful setting

Lawrence W. Lueke Studio - St. Mary's Chapel - Charlotte N.C. - Fine Art Prints for Wedding or Bridal or Anniversary Gifts (http://www.lawrencelueke.com/stmarys.htm - broken link)

Weddings at St. Mary's Chapel - Charlotte, NC - Photos and Info
Friends got married there this year, great setting.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:26 PM

I love it too! It is too small though! It says it only holds 100 guests we will have around 150. Thanks though!! Any other suggestions??

Old 12-04-2009, 02:00 PM

339 posts, read 718,040 times
I had a friend who got married at St. Ann's I think. Also Presbyterian churches tend to not be so restrictive about membership. Have you tried Myers Park Presby? I don't really know of any other Presby churches in South Charlotte, but I know there has to be some.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:03 PM

I called there and they said members of the church only for one year(myers park Presby) St ann's is catholic right? I think they are the most strict

Old 12-04-2009, 02:03 PM

1,894 posts, read 6,483,427 times
Any consideration to a non-church setting with a pastor presiding? October would be a great time of year for an outdoor wedding!

I think you keep the intent of the wedding by having a true pastor performing the duty...the building only provides weather protection! Of course, I say this having had my wedding outdoors under oak trees and reception under a large tent...so yeah, I'm biased! It's a little more work and stress given the worry about the elements, but the reward is worth it when you pull it off.

And I have to add...as a Christian myself...I find it funny and saddening that a church will not offer its facility to "non-members." I have to wonder how they keep track of who's been there a year anyway...do you have to sign in each Sunday? Get a gold star each time you show up? Really gives a black eye to the whole point of it all. Thought we were supposed to be welcoming and stewards of what's been given to us (including facilities that few are fortunate enough to have).

Anyway...I digress, before I tilt this thing off topic...

Old 12-04-2009, 03:13 PM

I would love an outdoor wedding but am worried about the weather! I do think it is pretty rediculous too! I think they should interview the person if someone really wants it there to see that they are a Christian and will respect the church etc. I am never going to find a place!

Old 12-04-2009, 05:26 PM

445 posts, read 1,170,662 times
Little Church on the Lane - It's small but will hold 150, I think. It's in Myers Park

Old 12-04-2009, 08:25 PM

I looked at that also but no pictures are allowed during ceremony...lame
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: