Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 08:38 PM

25 posts, read 65,016 times

Advertisements

We are considering moving to Mooresville from Il next year.
We have 6 children ranging from HS to elementary. We currently have 2 of our children in a Christian HS. The oldest is in a military boarding school. Does anyone know the best private schools in the surrounding area?

Also,any recommendations about subdivisions would be great.
Our price range is in the $600,000-$800,000. We heard the POINT is a nice community. Does anyone know anything about it?
Any other suggestions to help make this move less stressful would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 05:18 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,220,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaravioli6 View Post
Our price range is in the $600,000-$800,000. We heard the POINT is a nice community. Does anyone know anything about it?
McMansions with no character on the shores of Lake Norman in a stripped out marginal cove. It's the only sort of thing up there that's left that costs anywhere close to this kind of price range. Take your choice. There are thousands of these places, they are all alike, all losing value as well. Brawley School Rd. isn't known for good traffic.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:54 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,397,367 times
This link lists the contact info for all the Private Schools in the Charlotte region Private schools (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/839/story/909792.html - broken link) . The Charlotte Observer (800-532-5350) has a nice publication called 'Living Here' which may be a good resource for neighborhoods, schools, hospitals, etc. IMO the best Private Schools are in South Charlotte (Providence Day School, Charlotte Latin) and you will probably find more homes in your price range in the south Charlotte region (Weddington, Marvin).

Old 12-05-2009, 10:04 AM

3,574 posts, read 14,350,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaravioli6 View Post
We are considering moving to Mooresville from Il next year.
We have 6 children ranging from HS to elementary. We currently have 2 of our children in a Christian HS. The oldest is in a military boarding school. Does anyone know the best private schools in the surrounding area?

Also,any recommendations about subdivisions would be great.
Any other suggestions to help make this move less stressful would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
What lumbollo said and having work before you get here will greatly diminish stress.... "Christian high school" is vague - if you want a Catholic HS - Winston-Salem or Charlotte. "Christian" in the title - Statesville Christian

Old 12-05-2009, 01:13 PM

876 posts, read 3,795,569 times
The Point is certainly a nice area. Hardly McMansions from what I've seen. Custom built homes with alot of attention to detail.

Brawley School Rd is in the midst of being widened, so I don't think traffic is really a concern at the moment.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:33 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,350,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS View Post
.............Brawley School Rd is in the midst of being widened, so I don't think traffic is really a concern at the moment.
unless you're on it trying to get to and from the "expressway" to get to work,

Old 12-05-2009, 02:33 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,223,981 times
Somewhat limited in Moorseville as you will find in that price range. Ignore Lumbollo and his pessimism.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:36 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,220,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
Somewhat limited in Moorseville as you will find in that price range. Ignore Lumbollo and his pessimism.
I call it like I see it. I notice that you didn't answer one question the OP asked. If you think the point is hot stuff, why don't you tell us when you were there and what you liked about it.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:31 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,929,092 times
I'll vouch for the Point and the Farms as being two terrific neighborhoods where the homes are very appealing to the eye and they blend in well with the area. I only wish I could have spent a few more bucks when we bought here and I'd be in one of those two neighborhoods now.

To the OP, look up the area on Map Quest or similar. I like to use Bing maps. Check out Brawley School Road in Mooresville (zip code 28117). You can use Chuckwood Drive as a marker as it intersects Brawley School Road in between the two subdivisions mentioned here. I think you'll see these are far from cookie cutter Mc Mansions.

Brawley School Road does draw a lot of criticism for its traffic flow. This road is currently a two lane thorofare servicing a peninsula area. Lots of people head out for work, school, etc. so peak times are congested right now. Yes, the road is being widened and things will be improved greatly. But even now, it's really not too bad in the big scheme of things.

Good luck with your planning and your move!

Old 12-09-2009, 11:33 AM

156 posts, read 408,077 times
For neighborhoods check out Beech Tree Bay (www.beechtreebay.com). It is really beautiful small community with waterfront and off-water homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte