Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2007, 08:12 PM

11 posts, read 50,008 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I will be moving to the concord/kannapolis area in a few months.(sure i will love it )....but I am sad about leaving my great church...we have soooo much fun,,,it is very contemporary. We have a live band playing christian music, drama at every service, coffee and food is always available and a great pastor with easy to follow scripture.....could anyone tell me if there is a church like the above around carrabus county, I don't mind travelng a little.
Thank you all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 11:32 AM

132 posts, read 471,781 times
I am not a member, but a lot of folks I know attend Mecklenburg Community Church. It's not far from the Cabarrus county line, and I hear it is very dynamic. Directions can be found from the main page in the upper right corner (it took me a minute to find them!).

http://www.mecklenburg.org/

I can't speak from personal experience yet, but this church has come highly recommended to me. We are going to be checking it out as we search for a new spiritual place to call home

Good luck in your search!

Anita

Old 05-20-2007, 11:58 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,321,931 times
Default Crossroads United Methodist

I personally know the Director of Worship and Arts at Crossroads United Methodist Church in Concord and hear great things about their contemporary service. I also just noticed that they host a newcomer's group called "Moving On After Moving In." Seems like a great place to get connected to your new community.

"Moving On After Moving In" Newcomer Groups - Hosting Churches
http://justmoved.org/resourcesformovers/states/northcarolina.htm (broken link)

Old 05-20-2007, 04:14 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,914,420 times
I went to First Assembly's private school for a while, and have relatives that still go to church there. They are so big that they have everything imaginable as far as groups, music, etc.

Why don't you go to the website and listen to a podcast first to see if you like the style of ministry? http://www.concordfa.com/

Old 05-21-2007, 01:09 PM

3 posts, read 14,627 times
I recently moved to the Harrisburg area and I am in the same situation. I left a great contemporary church in Weddington and I could not find one that compares. This past weekend I drove to Elavation Church (Union County). Well worth the 25 minute commute. This is second to none. Awesome band, great pastor, fantastic kids activities.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:16 PM

11 posts, read 50,008 times
do they have a website ?......can't find them.....thank you

Old 05-22-2007, 06:42 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,908,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
I went to First Assembly's private school for a while, and have relatives that still go to church there. They are so big that they have everything imaginable as far as groups, music, etc.

Why don't you go to the website and listen to a podcast first to see if you like the style of ministry? http://www.concordfa.com/
I agree. My family and I go there. We all love it! My boys (14/11) love the youth ministries there. Great church!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 09:42 AM

1 posts, read 3,734 times
Default greetings to you in jesus name and please help for Gods ministries.

Psalms=133:1

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

To,

Greetings to you in the name of Jesus Christ. I have find out your name and email address on the Internet. Praise the Lord.

My name is T.Padma Rao, I am a pastor at Nuzvid, India. Brother please prays for my Gods ministry.

I have interesting for you, your work and Gods ministry. So please send your kindly words in the Jesus Christ name.

If you will do gospel work in India that is I am stay here on behalf of your Ministries that is for the soul winning, church planting and for the Kingdom of God. Praise the Lord.

We are pray for you and your Ministry in our regularly prayers.

Please reply to me,

Your brother in Christ,
Pastor.T.padma Rao.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:09 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,428,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebearsmom View Post
I am not a member, but a lot of folks I know attend Mecklenburg Community Church. It's not far from the Cabarrus county line, and I hear it is very dynamic. Directions can be found from the main page in the upper right corner (it took me a minute to find them!).

Mecklenburg Community Church

I can't speak from personal experience yet, but this church has come highly recommended to me. We are going to be checking it out as we search for a new spiritual place to call home

Good luck in your search!

Anita
Great church. I used to go when I lived up that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte