Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 06:58 AM

604 posts, read 1,308,017 times

Advertisements

The end of a decade is comming next week. I hope the 10's bring more prosperity then the 00's.

I will take a double dose of love and less greed for me please. Maybe some ethics for our political leaders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 07:05 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,319,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Roe View Post
I will take a double dose of love and less greed for me please. Maybe some ethics for our political leaders.
+1 Well said Keith

Old 12-23-2009, 07:16 AM

604 posts, read 1,308,017 times
Yeah, we are friends Mullman.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:10 AM

123 posts, read 328,791 times
I would like to see a resurgence of both the American spirit and common sense. Coupled together these two ingredients have always made our Country an unstoppable force of freedom and opportunity. The American spirit, comprised of optimism and faith, has been under assault for so long now by both an unrelenting media and even many in our own government, telling us what we are not able to achieve any longer, that our best days are past. Common sense, the absence of which has brought our Country to its knees, needs to be the basis of a strong and lasting foundation that we can rebuild upon.
I'm glad you asked, I have been carrying that around for a while!

Old 12-23-2009, 10:17 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,660,312 times
Wow, 2009 was one of the toughest years that I can remember. In 2009:

- My older brother's buisness partner died suddenly and unexpectedly. He's now in his third year of unemployment.
- A co-worker, one of the few around here I actually interact with, also recently died suddenly and unexpectedly.
- Many, many other former co-workers gone due to lay-offs.
- My father, after moving from NC to Ohio, gets laid-off, again. Still unemployed.
- My younger brother laid-off in Charlotte, moves to Indianapolis, and then gets laid-off from that job. Still unemployed.
- The first time in my 30+ year career that I did NOT receive any salary increase.
- The first time since I've worked for this company that I did NOT receive an annual bonus.
- Had to place my wife into Assisted Living.
- Even working two jobs and working harder and for more hours a week than ever before, I still lost the house, the car, and almost all posessions. Need to go back to DSS to apply for food stamps. Trying to find some sort of workable housing options.
- Just had a fellow co-worker call me yesterday to get some details on Nursing Homes/Assisted Living. He ALSO just determined that his wife needs to be placed into a facility.

So, I hope 2010 will provide some sort of relief for everyone, and provide some new opportunities. I hope our economy stabilizes a bit, then starts to improve. I hope against hope that something good and really beneficial comes out of the whole healthcare reform.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:58 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,733,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
I hope against hope that something good and really beneficial comes out of the whole healthcare reform.
Well, since our taxes/premiums go up IMMEDIATELY, and 99% of the "benefits" don't kick in until 2014, (Its called the Bernie Madoff Accounting) I don't really see how any benefit comes out of this.....unless we the people revolt in some sort of fashion...

Sorry to go OT,....

Old 12-23-2009, 02:28 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,705,896 times
Quote:
The end of a decade is comming next week. I hope the 10's bring more prosperity then the 00's.

Make that +2

Also, it seems that in 2009, pretty much everyone I know, myself included, lost a family member or a close personal friend. So I'm just hoping everyone's loved ones who ring in 2010 with them are still around to welcome 2011.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:38 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,573,306 times
I lost my mother in January - that was and is still devastating. Work has slowed down for me and most everyone I know. Most of us are having to get by on much less than before. I do believe that this economic situation is forcing us all to realize that we need much, much less than we thought we did. I am so grateful for my family and friends. Hoping for a wonderful 2010 for everyone! Merry Christmas!

Old 12-24-2009, 09:15 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,831,271 times
I hope that all of my unemployed friends (& myself) find empoyment and that 2010 is a much, much better year.

In memory of my sister in law Paula who passed away Thanksgiving week, we miss you.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:26 AM

79 posts, read 233,491 times
Quote:

Could not have said it any better...... by the way Bank Of American got their big buck after paying of the 45 billion government loans....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte