Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 11:35 AM

445 posts, read 1,166,380 times

Advertisements

I think all AMC theatres are $5 Monday through Thursday. Also, if you buy those entertainment books or belong to certain groups, you can buy discount tickets for $6 or $6.50. They usually can't be used for the first week or so of the big blockbusters, but they are a pretty good deal.
Also, the Cinemark in Matthews near Windsor Square shows first-run movies , a little after they leave the main theatres but before they come out on DVDs. I think they are $2 most days, and they have one day that they are $1. Most theatres have loyalty programs too. I belong to AMC's moviewatcher program - you earn rewards like free food and tickets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 02:35 PM

359 posts, read 1,143,992 times
Movies are expensive to say the least. So we wait till they get to the "dollar" theater in Matthews. On Tuesday nights all movies are a dollar a person. This is our set 'date night' and we'll do double headers if there are multiple movies we want to see..
Cinemark movies 10 it is called I believe. in Matthews, on Ind. Blvd right behind the krispy kreme!! Yeah, we get them fresh and hot...yum... Oh and for families, on Monday nights for parties of 3 or more people movies are $0.75 a person.. Cinemark - Showtimes

Old 01-10-2010, 02:46 PM
amp

519 posts, read 1,515,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinajean View Post
I think all AMC theatres are $5 Monday through Thursday. Also, if you buy those entertainment books or belong to certain groups, you can buy discount tickets for $6 or $6.50. They usually can't be used for the first week or so of the big blockbusters, but they are a pretty good deal.
Also, the Cinemark in Matthews near Windsor Square shows first-run movies , a little after they leave the main theatres but before they come out on DVDs. I think they are $2 most days, and they have one day that they are $1. Most theatres have loyalty programs too. I belong to AMC's moviewatcher program - you earn rewards like free food and tickets.
that is awesome!!! that is exactly what we had in our hometown!!! thanks all that shared this site. Is it pretty busy when you go?

Old 01-10-2010, 04:42 PM

403 posts, read 878,063 times
darling876......That was great info that you shared with everyone. Now.... all I want to know is if you have tried to smuggle in some KK donuts? I have a feeling that the wonderful smell of the KK's would do you in. I went on the site, and it looked like they had a few good deals on the snacks...maybe you could give us a heads up on them.
Thanks......

Old 01-10-2010, 05:59 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,371,755 times
We go to the Ayrsley Cinema on Sundays, usually. Again, only $6-7 a ticket. Usually pretty empty to boot, unless it's opening weekend for that movie.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:25 PM

359 posts, read 1,143,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylbeth View Post
darling876......That was great info that you shared with everyone. Now.... all I want to know is if you have tried to smuggle in some KK donuts? I have a feeling that the wonderful smell of the KK's would do you in. I went on the site, and it looked like they had a few good deals on the snacks...maybe you could give us a heads up on them.
Thanks......
Uhm , yeah, guilty..hihi..who can resist the hot sign? if we wait till after the movie, KK is closed... So far never been stopped, but then again, big purses work well when needed.. but we don't do this every time...can't have all the sugary goodness too often..it's a treat when we do..
As far as the concessions, we never really bother with them, since we have dinner somewhere before we go and do not need anything sorry I can't help there.

Did find out today that SouperSalad is doing a promo for $5.99 buffet on Tuesdays. how convenient is that So we'll be SouperSalad'ing and going to see "men who stare at goats' and maybe something else... SWEET!!

Old 01-10-2010, 07:31 PM

23 posts, read 70,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easzman View Post
Mondays through Thursday all tickets are $5.00 at AMC Carolina Pavilion 22 on South Blvd. They used to offer a $5.00 all you can eat popcorn deal as well but I have not been there in a while.

You can also bring your own food anything except alcohol. No more sneaking in food.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:51 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,629,505 times
I always buy popcorn or a drink when I go to the Matthews cinema. I figure they aren't making $$ off the ticket prices. It's the least I can do to support them so that they stay in biz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylbeth View Post
Thanks......

Old 01-10-2010, 11:24 PM

197 posts, read 479,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I saw Avatar at the IMAX theater in Stonecrest and I thought it was fantastic. Visually, it was the coolest movie I've ever seen. The story was so-so (a bit predictable, but what movie isn't?), but the visual presentation of the movie was 2nd to none.

I'd go see it again in IMAX, you're wasting your time with anything else, IMO.

I saw Avatar in IMAX at Concord Mills. Cost about 28 bucks for 2 tickets but I really enjoyed it. Go to Concord Mills you will love the environment .

Old 01-11-2010, 03:44 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,351,397 times
If I'm not mistaken , there is an $2 theater in Matthews behind the Harley store. I've never been , but it seems to be worth it , even if the movie is deplorable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte