Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 01:14 PM

20 posts, read 29,989 times

Advertisements

We went up and checked them out on Sat. and found what we thought was the perfect bed. It was really firm but still had a bit of give to it. I loved it. We bought the mattress and it was delivered yesterday. We slept on it last night and it was a step above sleeping on the ground. It was really really firm. Does anyone know if a bed will loosen up a little bit over the first couple weeks?
Should be rent a uhaul and exchange it for the next up mattress...which of course is $1000 and then if we don't like that one, we get an IKEA store credit for $1000, no refund. What would you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 01:17 PM

530 posts, read 1,183,344 times
So you can't just exchange it for the money?

I get all of my mattress' at Sam's. Nice ones and fair prices...

Old 01-18-2010, 07:53 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,363,441 times
We have a twin IKEA bed that has been used by all my kids and is currently with the last one, but we never opted for the IKEA mattresses. You can do better at a retail store or mattress store. If you are not satisfied with the mattress I'm not sure how the exchange or return policies are. For most mattresses, once you use it you cannot return it.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:29 PM

117 posts, read 295,819 times
if memory serves me right, Ikea sells 3 basic types of mattresses. a cheapo horrible one, a middle of the line normal memory foam mattress, and a latex lines (something like that) memory foam mattress. each mattress comes in 3 different firmnesses. You can also opt in for a pillow top that feels extremely comfortable. all together it is $$$

Old 01-18-2010, 08:34 PM

461 posts, read 986,358 times
You have 90 days to decide. Give it a few weeks and see if it ends up to be what you tested in the store (remember, those mattresses are WELL broken-in). DM me if you have any more questions (I work there).

Old 01-19-2010, 06:04 AM

20 posts, read 43,931 times
Also remember that the one you checked out in the store had most likely been there a while (if it was a display model) and has had its share of people trying it out, kids jumping on it, etc... That said, it's probably had a bit of break-in time which is why it felt firm, but still had some give.

I can't speak for IKEA mattresses, as I've never gotten one, but all of my beds for the past 15 years have been IKEA bedframes. I think they're great.

If you have kids, let them jump on the bed for a couple of weeks so they're just as broken in as the ones in the store. If you don't have kids, do it yourself!

Old 01-20-2010, 11:08 AM

117 posts, read 295,819 times
have you ever jumped on memory foam? the trick with wine not spilling is totally true by the way

Old 01-20-2010, 02:13 PM

94 posts, read 356,550 times
We have an Ikea mattress and mattress pad - the top part. We've had it almost 5 years, and it definitely takes some time to break in, although it has held up better than any other mattress we've owned. I do think the mattress pad part really helps with the softness - when I was pregnant we took the topper off because it was too soft. Their website details the 90 day policy.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:29 PM

78 posts, read 228,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eflow View Post

If you have kids, let them jump on the bed for a couple of weeks so they're just as broken in as the ones in the store. If you don't have kids, do it yourself!

Ooooh and if you don't have kids I know of another great way to break it in and get some great exercise at the same time (nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more) !!!!!!

Old 01-24-2010, 07:40 PM

84 posts, read 208,825 times
We ended up renting a Uhaul and taking it back on Sat. I just could not sleep on the thing! I actually hurt after laying on it for a half hour. We took the store credit and ended up buying a whole new bed from Original Mattress Factory. I'll be hitting up Ikea for everything I usually buy at Target...well at least until I use the $490
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte