Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 11:02 PM

113 posts, read 458,181 times

Advertisements

oh, i forgot to present some links...oh well...there may be none...Pm me if you are out to do some clubbing...there may not be much, but We make it happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 12:37 AM

291 posts, read 1,115,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wades View Post
oh, i forgot to present some links...oh well...there may be none...Pm me if you are out to do some clubbing...there may not be much, but We make it happen.
Thanks, Wades! Not expecting Charlotte to be NYC or South Beach for nightlife, but it seems like Charlotte has enough going on to keep you busy!

Old 05-28-2007, 09:23 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,921,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Charlotte doesn't have much nightlife but that isn't why people move there anyway. Check out Creative Loafing if you want to know what's going on.
Sorry dude, but I simply CAN'T KEEP UP with all the great things happening in Charlotte. There is a TON to do.

As I always say: if one is bored in Charlotte, they are either not making an effort or expecting the fun to come to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHBR702 View Post
Not necessarily looking for "trendsetting". I'm no longer much into the "seen and be seen" thing anymore, just wanting to know if there are options if you just want to go have a cocktail and listen to some music or just get out for a night in a nice, upscale, bar/lounge atmosphere. From what I've been able to learn online it seems like Charlotte has at least that much in the way of nightlife.

Any 30-somethings have any comments?
30 yr old here. I again refer you to my 1st post in this thread and all the links I provided. TON of stuff any night of the week, and that's just the music scene. Add to that sporting events, theater and fine arts, and charity or social events, then one would have to be the most boring and negative person in the world to cross one's arms and say "wah, I am bored."
If you are not a Negative Nelly, you'll love Charlotte!

Old 05-28-2007, 09:44 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,979,308 times
Quote:
I guess that it depends on what you consider nightlife but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who considers CLT a trend setting city.

What is an example of a trend setting city and what types of trends are being set? Just curious.

I know you will say NYC maybe Atlanta. What the difference when you go out and drink alcohol and dance? It all looks the same after a few drinks.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:53 AM

95 posts, read 101,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
What is an example of a trend setting city and what types of trends are being set? Just curious.

I know you will say NYC maybe Atlanta. What the difference when you go out and drink alcohol and dance? It all looks the same after a few drinks.
Austin, Chicago, Seattle, Portland, LA, NY. Nashville to a lesser degree. Asheville even has a cooler vibe than CLT. If all you're doing is going out to drink then you're missing the point.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:57 AM

I don't go out to just drink at all--that's boring and juvenille-- and yet I simply have too many options in Charlotte to keep up with.

Life is good.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:19 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,979,308 times
Quote:
Austin, Chicago, Seattle, Portland, LA, NY. Nashville to a lesser degree. Asheville even has a cooler vibe than CLT. If all you're doing is going out to drink then you're missing the point.

I'm older now I guess when I when out in the 80's it was to drink and dance. That's all we did. I was in NY though.

Old 05-28-2007, 05:21 PM

291 posts, read 1,115,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
30 yr old here. I again refer you to my 1st post in this thread and all the links I provided. TON of stuff any night of the week, and that's just the music scene. Add to that sporting events, theater and fine arts, and charity or social events, then one would have to be the most boring and negative person in the world to cross one's arms and say "wah, I am bored." If you are not a Negative Nelly, you'll love Charlotte!
Definitely not a Negative Nelly, so I look forward to having a great time in Charlotte!! Thanks, kmway! I respect Linus' opinion and appreciate the post, but I have to admit, after what I've been able to see from Charlotte online (haven't visited in person yet), I was surprised to hear that there was not much going on. It seemed to me like there was a lot to do.

Sorry for asking the same question again, but do any bars/restaurants have outdoor or patio seating during the warm weather months? That's just something my husband and I happen to enjoy.

Old 05-28-2007, 05:35 PM

Oh yeah! Sorry I forgot about the patios.
Actually most places do have outdoor areas. Even when I was at lunch on Friday on East Blvd it was such a joy to see all of us enjoying a beautiful day lunching on a patio!

Just a few:
Uptown:
I enjoy Zink and Rock Bottom's patios. Also, ask for the "patio" at Blue: it's not really outside but the practically floor-to-ceiling windows open up to College Street (one can often see me there!!)
East Blvd: Rooftop patio at City Tavern, patio at Cantina 1511.
SouthPark: I love Village Tavern's patio! Also enjoy Dean and Deluca's wine room.
South Blvd: I like La Paz's patio and eating on the balcony at Pewter Rose.
Lake Norman: Eat overlooking the lovely water at Midtown Sundries and Rusty Rudder!

That's just a few! Most places will have a patio. Enjoy!!

Old 05-31-2007, 11:57 PM

264 posts, read 856,030 times
There's a place called Alley Cat that opened on 6th Street in April. They have live bands and a nice outdoor patio. I think each night has a theme going. The Penguin Restaurant (from Midwood/Plaza area) does the food there.
Cosmos is pretty nice, no outdoor patio, but I like to sit 'upstairs' on the mezzanine and people watch everyone down below. Good age range going on there.
Forum has a super nice roof-top patio, they play Top 40 music most of the time. They do bring in DJ's from time to time. I'm on their mailing list, and though I haven't been to a 'special DJ' night, a few of my friends that went had a great time. I did see the Roots there a while ago and it was awesome. Great vodka bar where the ice bar is located.
Amos' has stuff going on all the time and Double Door Inn has been around forever. Fun to hang out.
These are mostly located downtown.
You can go to a great place and have the worst time, and the worst place and have a great time. I think it's who you choose to go with and not where, that makes the difference .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte