Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 05:01 PM

79 posts, read 287,323 times

Advertisements

Is it a scam, fly by night pyramid scam. I was called back for a design position but when I googled them a few bad reviews of the article popped up. Any feedback on this. TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 06:52 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,567,001 times
I am not sure what they are all about, but if it is a graphic arts position, I would certainly take it if offered. Even if you decided the company was unstable . . . at least you would have a job while looking for a different position. Graphic arts jobs are hard to come by in this region right now.

As long as they aren't asking you to do something illegal - and they hand your your paycheck on time - why not just follow through and see what happens?

Old 02-03-2010, 06:48 AM

292 posts, read 672,644 times
I would agree with ani on this. I would go ahead and take the job, but continue to look for something else.

The first graphic design job I had was terrible and not with the most reputable company (the owner ended up getting arrested for fraud). But now I have a totally legit job that I might not have gotten if I didn't have prior experience.

Are you able to see where you will be working? Did you interview with them? I would continue to pursue this, just make sure you keep your eyes out.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:40 AM

462 posts, read 1,844,796 times
I know someone who interviewed with them and they offered them peanuts for pay as do most graphic design positions being offered as of late in the area. From what I have heard they pretty much have a revolving door there. I'm guessing pay to workload ratio maybe or the work environment possibly. It does seem they do go through employees quickly as it seems they are always running help wanted ads as it seems every time I look on the job boards etc I always see their name. Again all this is hearsay so take it for what it is.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:38 AM

1,343 posts, read 3,339,804 times
Definitely not a scam, not fly by night. I do not know precisely what their business model is. Let us know.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:38 PM

79 posts, read 287,323 times
i already have a job I have just been fishing for something else. I am not really interested in giving up what I have and "risking it all" for something that pays peanuts. I talked to the person on the phone who i have been playing phone tag with her return number is an 800 number but caller id says its 704 weird. Anyway it does seem that it would not be a big stepping stone so not really worth the leap for me at least.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:01 PM

2 posts, read 19,885 times
I got a call from LogoNation a few days ago saying they want to have an interview with me, I've been doing some research and getting some bad vibs. One on them is that they can't set up an interview a week ahead, they say the person doing the interviews might me busy that week, is that normal shouldn't they be able to plan ahead on these kind of things. So they plan just to call me one day and tell me the interview is the next day I live in VA by the way!! What the crap is with that!!

Old 02-18-2010, 05:52 AM

154 posts, read 328,948 times
i got the same vibe and decided to pass it up. It was not worth it.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:31 AM

2 posts, read 19,885 times
Well, I decided to let it go too. They said they would call me back and schedule an interview but they never did. I think I dodged a bullet on this one. Thanks for the help!

Old 03-16-2010, 12:07 AM

2 posts, read 11,630 times
I was recently interviewed, made it all the way through to the end of the process and they decided not to give me a job. Tried to send me a letter then emailed me saying that my address did not exist. The job listing disapeared for a couple of weeks then popped back up. Just reapplied, it didn't seem like a scam at all just a fast turn over they were talking about someone who had just left when I was doing a timed sample for them. Not very smart people, I would have been a perfect addition to their company, but it's their loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte