Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2007, 10:06 PM

112 posts, read 259,623 times

Advertisements

I am 21yr old single Christian male living in the Daytona Beach area and getting ready to "spread my wings" from the nest. I am VERY interested in the Charlotte Area and have family in Concord, NC, but am wondering if Charlotte is the area for ME. The things I am looking for in a city are:

1. A great bible based Non-Denominational Christian Church
1. A good Income/Cost of living Ratio.
(notice the two 1's. equally important)
2. A good Job Market.
3. Lots of stuff to do on weekends other then Shopping.
4. A good variety of Shopping (Supermarkets, Malls)
5. A good balance of weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 04:46 AM

525 posts, read 1,804,743 times
Calvary Church is bible based non denominational, it is a VERY large church, do a websearch they are in south Charlotte.
We think that the income vs cost of living is better than a lot of cities. You can start out here.
Don't know about the job market..what are you looking for as far as a job goes?
Lots of shopping and eating.
good weather..right now it is VERY dry though! Not record dry, that was in 1999, hoping for some rain....
There are things to do, you have to look for them, read the paper, some of the free circular type things they have as well has information on activities.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:30 AM

95 posts, read 101,402 times
Since one of the first things that you mentioned about yourself is that you are Christian I think that you'll fit in well in Charlotte.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:43 AM

112 posts, read 259,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resident View Post
Calvary Church is bible based non denominational, it is a VERY large church, do a websearch they are in south Charlotte.
We think that the income vs cost of living is better than a lot of cities. You can start out here.
Don't know about the job market..what are you looking for as far as a job goes?
Lots of shopping and eating.
good weather..right now it is VERY dry though! Not record dry, that was in 1999, hoping for some rain....
There are things to do, you have to look for them, read the paper, some of the free circular type things they have as well has information on activities.
I would like to Thank-You for telling me about Calvary Church. I looked it up and researched the website and I think I found a church to go to. They have so many groups for any situation (ex. single, married, teens, divorced). Now moving to Charlotte isn't quite so scary any more now that I know I will have (what looks like) a strong bible based church. I wanna say Thank-You again for helping me out in my quest for information.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:47 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times
Based on what you like, Charlotte is perfect. All four season, lots of museums, sports, theatre, recreation, etc. Several ND churches, some are too big for me (not a fan of mega churches). Calvary is HUGE! Forest Hill (formerly Presbyterian) is quite large and Mecklenburg Community Church is smaller and good. Both have satelitte services in the area at local movie theatres too if you are too far from their main campus. Job market is pretty good still, though it has been better. No shortage of shopping here as I am sure you are familar with Concord Mills, plus there are other malls.strip malls everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: