Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 12:43 PM

876 posts, read 3,794,366 times

Advertisements

i dont think its that bad. a 2/2 in South FL was running in the 1200-1400 range for an apartment, here its less than that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 01:10 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,372,399 times
I know its not that bad, but when you are moving, starting all over, new jobs, new everything, and going from 550 a month to 2-3x that....it is alot. Plus, I pay the rent now, and I feel dh has it set in his mind that he will be paying it, and he is comparing to my 550....I dont think he wants to get jipped. Like I got off paying less than he did or something. We have seperate accts and each of us has assigned bills. I guess we could have 2 sep, and one joint for all of the bills.

I do have the issue w dd having Aspergers Syndrome and needing to be in the most appropriate school for her.

I dont know what schools do there, but here, if there is a need and your school system cant help the need, the child can go to a surrounding system. I am gonna call someone about this.

I just am really ready to make this move, now my car needs MORE work than thought, and to tell you the truth, I am in the dumps over it all...

Robyn

BTW thanks for all of your input, I will be checking back...

Old 05-30-2007, 01:28 PM

197 posts, read 736,058 times
Robyn I saw a house for rent today on 75 coming out of Waxhaw that might be reasonable - most of the more reasonable ones here just put a sign out and you have to call - they don't advertise so they would be difficult for an out-of-towner to know about. I can get you the phone number later today if you want - I'll be back down there

Old 05-30-2007, 01:55 PM

hmmm...high rent, school issues, car problems... hate to be the one to say it, but maybe the move is not in your best intrest right now?

Old 05-30-2007, 02:09 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,372,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS View Post
hmmm...high rent, school issues, car problems... hate to be the one to say it, but maybe the move is not in your best intrest right now?
The move is in the BEST of interests. Too much to get in to but, believe me, it is so.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:10 PM

928 posts, read 3,853,250 times
I must digress, charlotte rent's are more expensive then other areas.
In Highland creek the average rental house 3 bed rooms / 2 baths is roughly $1k-$1,500 and this is the price quoted at work by the home owners who rent in their homes.

You can look at Belmont and Mount Holly, having a child with a special need is a unique situation so you don't want to go rock bottom rent at the expense of meeting your childs educational needs. We have family in West Charlotte and their child rides the bus 1 way for over an hour each day. The child is not special needs. This is quite a haul for a kindergardenter. (sorry if there's typo's).

I cannot afford the rents in charlotte and live on the outskirts, the trade off is I drive almost 1 hour a day each way and am keeping Citgo in business. There's always leverage. I know people who live and work in university area and spend alot of time on the roads too stuck in traffic. I've been in my city for 8 years and moving now would be a heck of alot of work. Finding new providers for health care, shopping, etc.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
The move is in the BEST of interests. Too much to get in to but, believe me, it is so.
well, if its in the best of interests, then it will work out for you... best of luck!

Old 05-30-2007, 04:59 PM

414 posts, read 1,381,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
I guess it's all relative. From what I have seen there as far as rentals when compared to NY rent, I personally feel those prices are dirt cheap. I was paying $1200 for a rinky dink 1 bedroom apt here on Long Island . If I were to get a 2 bedroom in a complex with amenities like a pool I would be paying $1800-1900 a month.
I agree with you the hamptons is at least 2500 A month for anything unless you want to share a house with a bunch of strangers. 875 is cheap from NY at least.

When you buy a house are you paying cash or a loan because you do a loan your payment is going to be more than 550$ a month.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:35 PM

390 posts, read 1,515,964 times
I agree with the poster who suggested South Charlotte. If you can get an apartment in the McAlpine zone (which includes all of the Piper Glen area apartments and Reafield Village), they have a great program for autistic spectrum disorders. My DD's best friend's brother has Asperger's and is thriving at McAlpine. That could be a good temporary solution for you, but I don't think you'll find rents much cheaper than you referenced. You'll just find more options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte