Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,054 times

Advertisements

They list rates on Google that they cannot honor. When you call them they try to come up with reasons as to why they cannot honor that interest rate. The are just "Baiting & Switching" from what I hear that is what they are notorius for doing. They are A+ with the BBB however I am sure you can just buy that rating as the BBB requires you to pay them to be a member. I would not recommend them to anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 09:46 AM

2 posts, read 3,694 times
Has anyone dealt with Wyndham Capital Mortgage recently , I just want to refinace my VA loan to a lower interest rate from 4.75 . Thanks after reading your post here I am not sure I want to proceed.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:07 PM

2 posts, read 3,694 times

Old 06-13-2011, 02:02 PM

958 posts, read 1,725,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrasue View Post
we have never had a worse experience than with these people. they strung us along telling us that we were approved and then made us pay 400.00 for an appraisal then decided to turn us down. Don't deal with these people.
FYI, that would happen with ANY mortgage company. If you can't afford the property, you still have to pay for those services.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,705 times
worst company that i have delt with. should have read blogs before starting any dealings with them.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:44 AM

3 posts, read 5,333 times
Wyndham Capital is not a fair company. I have interviewed with them several times and it's hard to understand when you have over 13 years experience and the man sitting there interviewing you opening admits hiring ladies from other banks that had no experience, and then will not hire you for some reason. It's also hard to understand why you sit there with a man who is the manager with two big huge ear rings in both ears and looks about as non professional as you can get. If you don't look like he wants you to look then you won't get hired. I think it's discrimination when they have no reason whatsoever not to hire someone who has excellent credentials. When you contact them to ask them why you were not offered the position when THEY CALLED ME FIRST!!!, THEN they blow you off... Not a fair comany and I can only imagine if they do that to the consumer...

Old 02-18-2012, 07:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,412 times
We are looking for anyone who may have had a bad experience with Wyndham Capital Mortgage. My husband and I were pre-approved by them for a loan even though we had a prior foreclosure. We were upfront and honest with them from day one about our foreclosure and even wrote a letter of explanation of the circumstances that lead up to the foreclosure that was required for FHA financing. As we are in the midst of a lawsuit, now the mortgage broker swears he knew nothing about our foreclosure. How convenient!! If there is anyone out there willing to share their experiences with Wyndham Capital that may have gone through the same problems as us, we'd greatly appreciate hearing from you. We know of one couple locally but would like to talk to others around the country who have had the same experience with this company. We're not sure if it's the company or the particular broker but our guess it was most likely both. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Old 03-05-2012, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,352 times
Default Wyndham Capital Mortgage

This company is unprofessional, tried to push to have me apply for a loan. Because of their behavior I chose not to. Then they misrepresented the interaction. I am afraid of their use of my personal information as they have been less than professional, and outright lied. They 'denied' a loan I did not apply for. If you try to get in touch with them, they are rude (the receptionist) and don't answer the calls (the managers). I DO NOT recommend anyone to get involved with this company.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:32 PM

385 posts, read 890,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn Plank View Post
We are looking for anyone who may have had a bad experience with Wyndham Capital Mortgage. My husband and I were pre-approved by them for a loan even though we had a prior foreclosure. We were upfront and honest with them from day one about our foreclosure and even wrote a letter of explanation of the circumstances that lead up to the foreclosure that was required for FHA financing. As we are in the midst of a lawsuit, now the mortgage broker swears he knew nothing about our foreclosure. How convenient!! If there is anyone out there willing to share their experiences with Wyndham Capital that may have gone through the same problems as us, we'd greatly appreciate hearing from you. We know of one couple locally but would like to talk to others around the country who have had the same experience with this company. We're not sure if it's the company or the particular broker but our guess it was most likely both. Your help is greatly appreciated!
Hate to be harsh, but did you really think you were going to get a loan with a foreclosure on your record? These guys are crooks no doubt, but you have to be a little realistic in your expectations. Its ok to touch the hot stove and get burned the fist time, but when you turn around and immediately do it again one has to question common sense.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:11 PM

396 posts, read 1,435,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn Plank View Post
My husband and I were pre-approved by them for a loan even though we had a prior foreclosure. We were upfront and honest with them from day one about our foreclosure and even wrote a letter of explanation of the circumstances that lead up to the foreclosure that was required for FHA financing.
When was your foreclosure? Also, since Wyndham sells all their loans, they are at the mercy of their investors, who could have changed guidelines once the loan was already in process- it unfortunately happens and pipeline protection is not always available, especially if the loan is not already locked. Again, I have no idea if that is what happened, but just a suggestion of what could have happened- I only know of Wyndham since I'm also in the mortgage business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte