Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2007, 09:00 PM

810 posts, read 2,293,091 times

Advertisements

What a great help this board this board has been for me and my family. I have lived in Jersey my whole life, I love it and always will. I was presented a job offer that was hard to refuse, but it required me to move to the southeast. I found this website and spent many late nights reading. I accepted the position and will eventually settle down in Union Co. In the last 5 months I have been down there a few times and continue to read this board. I found most of the info to be right on target and I would like to thank all of you for your posts and for putting me and my family at ease. I'm loving The Reserve, Silvercreek, Blackstone, Estates at Wesley Oaks, and Olde Sycamore. Cant wait for the home to sell. Could someone give some info on Parkwood and Piedmont HS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 09:04 PM

17 posts, read 82,797 times
Glad to hear that. In a year or so when my wife and son decide to move up to Charlotte with me, I will be using this forum alot to figure out where to buy. For now I'm using it to figure out where safe cheap apartments are. Everyone is real friendly here.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:56 AM

240 posts, read 1,033,695 times
I actually live in The Reserve, but don't have any children to be able to comment on the schools. But if you have any questions about that specific community, feel free to PM me

Old 06-06-2007, 11:10 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,170,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrgm View Post
What a great help this board this board has been for me and my family. I have lived in Jersey my whole life, I love it and always will. I was presented a job offer that was hard to refuse, but it required me to move to the southeast. I found this website and spent many late nights reading. I accepted the position and will eventually settle down in Union Co. In the last 5 months I have been down there a few times and continue to read this board. I found most of the info to be right on target and I would like to thank all of you for your posts and for putting me and my family at ease. I'm loving The Reserve, Silvercreek, Blackstone, Estates at Wesley Oaks, and Olde Sycamore. Cant wait for the home to sell. Could someone give some info on Parkwood and Piedmont HS?
For comparative school info, try NC School Report Cards Click on the county you want, and you will get a list of schools. Then click on the school, and look in the upper right for "school report card snapshot"

You have chosen some very nice communities -- best of luck to you

Old 06-06-2007, 05:28 PM

Thank you both for the replies. I plan to visit every house for sale in The Reserve in a few weeks. I have seen all the reportcards and the greatschool sites, I was hoping for some personal views and observations about teachers, students, parents, sports, etc. Thanks to all.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:30 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,322,650 times
You can find links to Union County High School websites here:
High Schools Directory (http://www.ucps.k12.nc.us/schools/highdir.php#344 - broken link)

Both Parkwood and Piedmont are good high schools. The principal at Parkwood High was formerly a much loved principal from the Marvin area - Rob Jackson. My student attended the school in Marvin and I have nothing but high praise for the man.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:42 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,387,627 times
Y,
Also look at Hunter Oaks, its a beautiful development and go to a brand new elem school but the Middle and Hs are the same for The Reserve and Hunter oaks...also go to GreatSchools.net

that has great info...however if you are looking in The Reserve the go to Sandy Ridge Elem/Fantastic school from what ive heard, my cousins dd went to sandy ridge and was very happy coming from NY...and Marvin Ridge Middle is brand new and Marvin Ridge HS is also brand new...good luck, If interested I have an awesome realtor

Old 06-07-2007, 06:29 AM

476 posts, read 1,576,253 times
Best of luck with everything!

Old 06-07-2007, 06:38 AM

I have driven thru Hunter Oaks, it is very nice. Im still not sure if I like the "mega" development. Lawson (Shea), Callonwood (orleans) both have homes I could die in. But the more I think about it, Im leaning toward a development with more consistancy in style and price. Its amazing how many choices there are in Union. The lot size is the one I need to accept. It seems the newer the house, the smaller the lot. Of course like many, I want it all. Thanks for your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte