Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 06:50 PM

17 posts, read 43,894 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any dog parks in or close to Indian Trail in Union County. I recently moved here and my wife is coming down at the end of this month with our dog, and want to know if there are any dog parks where she can run around.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone know of any Dog Parks?-dscn1949.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 07:40 PM

50 posts, read 183,640 times
McAlpine Creek Park on Monroe Rd just above Matthews.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:34 AM

25 posts, read 116,679 times
Yep that's the only one of know of.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:44 AM

107 posts, read 120,981 times
they were just talking about this on television this morning. ironic. the city is wanting to build more parks, but they mentioned william r davie park, which is the closest one to you. its on 51. not sure what union co offers as far as parks where dogs can run...

Old 06-07-2007, 09:45 AM

178 posts, read 875,180 times
The newest doggie park is on Pineville Matthews Road:

Davie Dog Park is located at William R. Davie District Park, 4635 Pineville-Matthews Road. This park is a five-acre, fenced-in, off-leash area for dogs. There are two separate fenced-in secure sections to the new dog park - one for dogs >20lbs (large) and another for dogs less than 20lbs (small).

You will need to obtain a "Pooch Pass" to get inside of the card reader gate:

Park and Rec Dog Parks (http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Park+and+Rec/Parks/Dog+Parks/Home.htm - broken link)

Hours 6:30 AM - 7:30 PM Monday thru Sunday

>>Dogs must meet all guidelines, have an annual Pooch Pass and maintain current vaccinations (Rabies with Tag Number, DHLPP & Bordetella) to utilize the off-leash areas.

>>For address verification provide a recent utility bill OR valid NC or SC Drivers License/ID Card with current address. (Address on documentation must match application address)

>>> Download Pooch Pass application (18 kb, PDF file)
You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view downloaded material.

Sales Locations:

Pooch Passes are available at the following locations between the hours of 9AM - 4PM Monday thru Friday. Passes are not available on weekends or holidays.

Mecklenburg County Park & Recreation Department Administration Building
5841 Brookshire Boulevard
Charlotte, NC 28216
704-336-8840; Applications by mail are accepted for Renewals ONLY all other applications are Walk-in.

East Park District Office
5715 Monroe Road
704-568-4044; WALK-IN ONLY

Mallard Creek Recreation Center
2530 Johnston-Oehler Road
704-548-8234; WALK-IN ONLY

Marion Diehl Recreation Center
2219 Tyvola Road
704-527-0237; WALK-IN ONLY (call for pass sales times)

Your Pooch is a cutie!!!

Old 06-07-2007, 09:46 AM

107 posts, read 120,981 times
winston2000 is awesome..

Old 06-07-2007, 06:06 PM

25 posts, read 131,499 times
Newsflash! As of July 2008, the dog parks will be free! I am assuming you will still have to register and your dogs be current on shots, but no more fees! I will go dig up the article, my husband told me about it but I haven't read it myself yet.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:00 PM

473 posts, read 1,578,272 times
Red face Free dog parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymbesha View Post
Newsflash! As of July 2008, the dog parks will be free! I am assuming you will still have to register and your dogs be current on shots, but no more fees! I will go dig up the article, my husband told me about it but I haven't read it myself yet.
I got my "pooch pass" for two dogs Wed. and it cost me $50. But the girl was telling me that it was going to be free to the public next year without requirements. Meaning, no more "pooch pass" and no guarantee that the dogs coming/going will have all of their shots. I think $50 for a year is reasonable and the piece of mind that all the dogs are vacinated, too. I'd like to save the money but not at the expense of my dogs' health... I used to take one of them when we lived in Ft. Lauderdale and they didn't have any requirements, either. We also didn't have any incidents but you never know...

Old 06-10-2007, 10:24 PM

113 posts, read 457,239 times
Mc Alpine, oh well, or Mallard something? that's not in Indian Trail youall. anything in Indial trail? oh I am so sad. i knew it. there is nothing for poor doggies. there is so little for people, too...

Old 06-11-2007, 08:13 PM

25 posts, read 131,499 times
The thing about dog parks is, even if dogs are up-to-date, they may or may not be sociable. Your dog may do fine around other dogs and people, but the dog he/she is playing with, you don't know. That's one thing they can't police, until it's too late, and it ends up on the news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte