Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 06:46 AM

6 posts, read 11,511 times

Advertisements

My family and I just relocated to Indian Trail from Florida. I need to find a reliable, caring nanny for my 9 month old. This is a full-time position (M-F 8:30-5:30). Can someone point me in the right direction?? We are looking for someone I can trust completely who is very reliable as both my husband and I work full-time.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 06:54 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,573,964 times
I think the only person you can trust completely is yourself. I would feel more comfortable putting a child in day care than I would leaving them alone with one person. At least in day care there a multiple chances for someone to notice something suspicious.

I hate to be so negative about this but there are too many horror stories out there to not be very careful. Good luck.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:36 AM

68 posts, read 169,929 times
you have a few options, hear are some that come to mind...

if you live in a development/subdivision, contact your hoa, they have great resources because they are so familiar with the area and they know what good and whats bad.

there is also a website where you can meet/chat/get info on whats available in your area:

"www.UnionCountyMommies.com is a free community for moms in Union County, NC. Please join us at an upcoming event, and use our forums to find new friends for yourself and your children, get recommendations for area businesses, get and give parenting tips and more!"

most of your daycare's now have cameras hooked up where you can log in anytime and see what your kids are doing...real piece of mind. "kids r kids" have this available and they are located in indian trail on potters rd/chestnut

i live in indian trail - so PM anytime if you have any questions

good luck!

Old 05-11-2010, 06:41 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,045,691 times
Actually, many teachers are also good nannies...

Old 05-11-2010, 07:12 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,138,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Actually, many teachers are also good nannies...
Agreed! You can also go with a nanny agency. That makes it easy on you b/c they do all the background checks and screening.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:56 AM

46 posts, read 126,283 times
My friend in Atlanta used sittercity.com to find a nanny. She had a great experience.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:04 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,045,691 times
600 teachers got layoff notices today. Maybe you can contact the Board of Ed and post your position?

Old 05-12-2010, 07:28 AM

187 posts, read 649,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
600 teachers got layoff notices today. Maybe you can contact the Board of Ed and post your position?
my wife isn't sure if she's layed off yet but she will be jobless all throughout the summer. She is a family of five and basically raised all the children. PM if you want to know more.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:36 AM

thanks everyone, all great feedback. I actually work from home so I'm not as concerned about issues with leaving him home alone with the nanny. However, my job is very demanding and I need to act like I am not here!! I also do travel for business from time to time, and in those cases I will absolutely need to trust this person fully!

I have had a woman here that I initially lived - this is Day 3. yesterday - second day of work - she called me at 8:30 (the time she was supposed to be here) to tell me that she had to go buy formula for her baby (she has a 1 year old that I was willing to work around because I liked her so much). She showed up at 10:30 - with a string of excuses (got lost, roads closed, no milk for baby). I tried to let her go on the spot, and she begged and cried so I am giving her another chance. But I have a nagging feeling since I know lies were told to me yesterday. Hence, I am going to continue my search!!

Old 05-12-2010, 07:37 AM

would love post to all teachers that got laid off yesterday for sure...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte