Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2010, 08:52 AM

104 posts, read 184,603 times

Advertisements

I love that area of Dilworth. You're right there on the same block as Picasso's (maybe my favorite bar in Charlotte), Brixx Pizza, 131 Main (restaurant) and Starbucks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 08:53 AM

104 posts, read 184,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctoncsoon View Post
Just curious how walkable is the neighborhood (I mean really walking, ie good sidewalks).... what is the vibe there ... is it suitable for middle age singles or more on the younger side...
Thanks!!
I can't say for sure, but it does seem like a pretty young area, not much of a "middle age" crowd. But I could be wrong.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:26 AM

830 posts, read 1,530,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
I know a lot of people inj Dilworth and I can only think of one family who has their kids in public school. The mom single=handedly runs the PTA because no one else steps up to help. Not sure why she keeps up her mission. They're all at Latin.
That's just not true. There are a ton of public school kids living in Dilworth...the elementary school is currently Eastover, but the neighborhood is re-zoned to Dilworth elementary starting in the fall. Dilworth is currently an arts magnet, and has little neighborhood support...but there is a ton of neighborhood support for the new Dilworth. Over $50K raised for the PTA in a few weeks, yard signs all over the neighborhood, backing from the neighborhood association, etc. You certainly have a share of private/parochial families, but lots of public schools as well (both neighborhood and magnet)

Old 05-28-2010, 08:45 AM

257 posts, read 669,621 times
Dilwoth will have all age ranges. I wouldn't worry about that. I think the location is great! There is going to be a new Fresh Market opening across the street too (where Tally's used to be). If you decide against Dilworth maybe you should consider South Park.

I've heard the schools are great in this area. I still don't understand why people move from more expensive areas to Charlotte b/c of the cost of living but then pay 14k/year for private schools. It seems to defeat the purpose. Just my opinion though.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:47 AM

3 posts, read 2,777 times
Dilworth is a VERY walkable neighborhood with great sidewalks. The distance from Dilworth Walk to Harris Teeter is probably no more than 1/5 mile. I live a couple streets over from Kenilworth and walk everywhere - Harris Teeter (HT "shopping center" is home to LOTS of restaurants btw: Just Fresh, Dolce, Roly Poly, Zen Asian Fusion, Kabob grill, a pizza place, subway). You can easily walk to Freedom or Latta Park, any restaurant on East, etc. etc. Dilworth is a neighborhood full of renovated bungalow style homes, many are very expensive for the sqaure footage, so you can get a lot more house for your money a bit further south. I love living in Dilworth... and as much as I hate to admit it... I guess you my husband and I would be considered middle-aged (38 & 45 - no kids), so not just young people by any means!

Oh... and Dilworth Walk is fairly new. Nicely constructed... nice landscaping and lots of parking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte