Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 05:22 PM

341 posts, read 423,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquest1 View Post
as far as law enforcement goes, some serious heads need to roll.
What are you talking about? They lost two of their own today. Need some cops to scapegoat? What will be the invented reason this time?

Old 08-12-2017, 06:08 PM

1,235 posts, read 731,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
And White Apologizers who think history should be erased and rewritten.

I think history should be truthful. Not erased or re-written. We don't have truthful history in the US.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baghead View Post
What are you talking about? They lost two of their own today. Need some cops to scapegoat? What will be the invented reason this time?

Were two cops killed today? Where? I haven't read a thing about it.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:15 PM

1,812 posts, read 4,220,012 times
A Virginia State Police helicopter headed to C-Ville crashed. Those on board died.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:05 PM

5,819 posts, read 5,620,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBNCHI View Post
"White Nationalists".................the war is over, get over it!
My god, + a million for this post. That sad, sorry, tragic war ended 152 ****ing years ago....god damn, what is it with the people who just can't get over It?

The Confederate history is a part of all of pur histories; as a black man I'm positive my lineage traces to both the enslaved and the slave owners of that time period. So the people who trumpet that and this "white nationalist" agenda as being a part of their histories---hell, the **** is and was all of our histories. I don't understand why a celebration is deserved for things that represent blatant racist, and even violent, ideology...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
And White Apologizers who think history should be erased and rewritten.
Always the lies stated by the idolizers of this ideology...

In order for something to be rewritten, one would think it had been truthfully told to begin with. It wasn't...ypu know it and I know it, and no "apologist" I've ever known thinks they can erase history, because you can't. And you should know, seeing as clearly your views align with the group that's tried for many, many, many, MANY years to whitewash and erase aspects of American history and relevance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post
I think history should be truthful. Not erased or re-written. We don't have truthful history in the US.
Exactly This!

However, I will say after these incidents, they should tear down all the ****ing monuments in Virginia that are at dedicated public areas, besides the Confederate Museum in Richmond. That period of America deserves to be told....it does not deserve to be celebrated, and it's bothers me that The Commonwealth is so far behind on correcting these mistakes...

I feel similarly about other displays of white supremacy and white nationalism...

Old 08-12-2017, 07:41 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,734,455 times
We've had enough drama for today. Boar's Head for brunch tomorrow morning?

Old 08-12-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Lily View Post
A Virginia State Police helicopter headed to C-Ville crashed. Those on board died.

OMG. No one is talking about this. I haven't read a thing. Thanks for sharing this....

Old 08-12-2017, 08:19 PM

895 posts, read 2,095,460 times
And all this drama, along with the deaths of two police officers due to an arrogant and overzealous city council. I hope they sleep well tonight.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:27 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,950,618 times
Quote:
The past should be honored and the descendants of those who were honored for their contribution until today should stand up for the rights of accurate history.

Who wants the statue removed, and what is the justification ... beyond the ... his only accomplishments to achieve a statue were to impose racism?

Can anyone see the bigger picture, or is this all about left right black white no one is educated enough to understand shades of grey.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:42 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,950,618 times
Quote:
OMG. No one is talking about this. I haven't read a thing. Thanks for sharing this....
It's been all over the internatiomal news since the car crash incident. A helicopter associated with the left right, white black, Nazi - KKK, Unionists - Confrderatists, statue - no statue, police - no police, death - USA terrorism event ... two dead in the helicopter, one on the street, more in the hospital.

Nice stats. Who cares about fake news when reality is that you do not hear the news?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville