Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 05:16 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,656,383 times

Advertisements

THis sounds OK for $600. Belmont is near campus but has sketchy areas. Most listings were higher

Spacious Ground Floor Apartment (http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/apa/1604763649.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 06:28 AM

2 posts, read 3,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattawest View Post
I am hoping to attend UV in Charlottesville for graduate school. I currently live in Greenville, NC and pay $395 for rent, ~$100 for electric, and $80 for cable/internet. Does anyone know any decent one bedroom apartments around $400-500? I don't really care about amenities, I also don't mind a 10 minute drive to campus. What cable company is in Charlottesville and how much is electricity? I've noticed electricity here is more than most places, almost double.

Thanks
My nephew has moved in to University Place and there is also Eagles Nest. (I think that's what it's called). Both are off-campus dormatory style housing, four bed/bath suites with a shared living room/kitchen. Rent is only $389 plus an additional $50 or so for electric. Cable and tv included. If you have a car, it's a breeze into the University. But my nephew doesn't have a car and he still makes it work using bus lines.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:31 PM

895 posts, read 2,095,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcfour View Post
My nephew has moved in to University Place and there is also Eagles Nest. (I think that's what it's called). Both are off-campus dormatory style housing, four bed/bath suites with a shared living room/kitchen. Rent is only $389 plus an additional $50 or so for electric. Cable and tv included. If you have a car, it's a breeze into the University. But my nephew doesn't have a car and he still makes it work using bus lines.
I think 389 for a BR in a 4 BR apt is not the same as 395 for a 1 BR apt.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:18 PM

21 posts, read 74,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattawest View Post
I am hoping to attend UV in Charlottesville for graduate school. I currently live in Greenville, NC and pay $395 for rent, ~$100 for electric, and $80 for cable/internet. Does anyone know any decent one bedroom apartments around $400-500? I don't really care about amenities, I also don't mind a 10 minute drive to campus. What cable company is in Charlottesville and how much is electricity? I've noticed electricity here is more than most places, almost double.

Thanks
To be honest, I haven't seen too many advertisements for one bedroom apartments.

I have heard of apartment complexes that lease by the room. I know that Eagle's Landing (off campus) does that. I stayed there this past summer and paid around $350-$400 for a room with its own bathroom in a 4 bedroom apartment. It was pretty decent.

If you want an idea of rent/utilities, this is what I pay (I live with 3 other people, so everything is split evenly):
-Rent: $350 (in a 4 bedroom apt)
-Electricity: $20-$40
-Water: $15-$20
-Internet: Free!
-Cable: No idea since I don't have it.

If you do come to UVA, I suggest that you get an apartment near campus. You'll save yourself a lot of trouble and heartache. The transportation system (UTS and CTS) is decent enough and will take you all over campus, to nearby supermarkets, and even to the downtown mall.

Driving to campus gets really old very fast. IMO, the parking passes are a little pricey and there are strict parking rules on campus. Also, the parking attendants here at UVa are really good at their job.They will ticket your car and show no mercy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville