Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2006, 06:34 PM

216 posts, read 701,488 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move to either TN or GA.I am done bein in FL, I want my lil baby and my 9 yr old step son to be close to their grandparents. I have a job offer at BMW of Chattanooga. Anyone recommend any good areas to raise a family within 45 minutes of Chattanooga? I am looking to rent for 6 months or so, this way I can learn the area before I buy a house. Any opinions on what area I should look into? Thanks all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2006, 08:35 AM

55 posts, read 345,330 times
Hi Sal329
I am also looking to get out of Florida and move to TN either the Chattanooga area or Knoxville, Tri-Cities areas,, you are lucky to have a job offer before going,, we will be going on a wing and a prayer, but know it will be better than living here any longer.. I did alot of research online and it looks like a little town Soddy-Daisy is a nice place to live , just outside of Chattanooga,,
copy and paste this link it might help you
//www.city-data.com/city/Soddy-...Tennessee.html

Old 09-01-2006, 07:13 PM

Thank you. I am originally from NY. My fiance is from New Orleans. She moved to FL like 20 yrs ago I moved here 3 years ago. I was 22, my family moved to NC but for some reason I couldnt get a job. I visited my best friend that moved to FL a few months prior to me goin to NC. I came here and just for the heck of it applied at Braman BMW got a job. Went to NC picked up clothes. I loved it here. But now I have my fiance, 9 yr old step son and my lil baby boy. I need a place that is lil cheaper to live and nicer place to raise the family. We were goin to go right outside Atlanta. But my fiances family now lives in Hixson thanks to Katrina. I want to be close to them and less then 10 hours from my mom in Gastonia, NC. Well thats my story. Anyone else with some advise on areas?

Old 09-06-2006, 10:03 PM

7 posts, read 24,973 times
I like bradley county and McMinn county. I am in the same boat your in. Initially, North Chattanooga is nice until you decide where you want to go.

Old 09-07-2006, 06:57 PM

thank you I will look into those counties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga