Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2011, 11:56 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,245,351 times

Advertisements

I needed a Full Service TN Driver Service Center (license testing station). I knew the one on Cherokee had closed. I'd heard of one "in Dayton" that had short lines, but I didn't want to drive to Dayton. So off to Bonnie Oaks I go.

The line just to get a "number" was 20 people deep when I got there, and there were 36 people with numbers sitting in the waiting area. The line was still 20 people deep 15 minutes later, and a grand total of two (2) numbers had been called. Only 54 people ahead of me now. I realize that at this rate I could drive to Cleveland or Dayton quicker than waiting, so I got the smart-phone out for directions.

Surprise! The other center wasn't "in Dayton", it was "on Dayton Blvd" in Red Bank! It was actually closer to my starting point (downtown) than the Bonnie Oaks center!

I drive over to 4873 Dayton Blvd and spend a few minutes trying to find the correct building. I saw no external sign, and it's way off the road (northwest side) behind the recycling center and old fire station. It's right where Dayton Blvd goes from 5 lanes to 4 (the turn lane ends right there).

The mostly empty parking lot looked promising. There are a grand total of two (2) people in the "get a number" line and one (1) person sitting in a chair waiting. One of the people in line ahead of me didn't have a correct document, so she left and I was behind two people. I sat down and filled out my application. After finishing, I waited about 3 minutes before my number was called. Both the employees I spoke with were very courteous and friendly, very rare in a public service facility like this.

In and out in about 20 minutes.

So the moral is DON'T GO TO THE BONNIE OAKS DRIVER SERVICE CENTER!!! The one on Dayton Blvd is much better. But shhhhhh, don't tell anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 06:59 AM

352 posts, read 883,637 times
ewww, sorry you went to Bonny Oaks. I told my dad to go to the one on Cherokee Blvd and then realized the next day it was moving. He went to the one on Dayton Blvd and wham bam out of there in not time :0

Old 11-16-2011, 11:21 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times
SSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now you ruined it. When it was on Cherokee it was quick the one time I was there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga