Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2008, 11:15 AM

10 posts, read 35,361 times

Advertisements

Is anyone hiring accountants? I rarely see anything on the professional accounting scene. (No real significance, just thought it was a funny face.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 01:58 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,914 times
Could you be more specific. Are you looking for a job with an accounting firm or to be an in house accountant/book keeper for a company?

Old 01-25-2008, 03:05 PM

I would prefer a CPA firm doing Taxes and bookwork, however, given the appearance of the market I would be perfectly happy in private or public accounting.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:21 AM

i've run into a number of CPA/accountants locally. Starting up here would require a lot of networking to get started. Chamber of commerce is a good place to start.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:35 PM

3 posts, read 6,423 times
Haa Haa....I tried to hire an accountant in Chatt and the person stood me up. Then another took my QB file and disappeared. Needless to say, my taste for Chatt financial profs is bitter. If you have a brain and are not a flake you'll always find work where idiots leave room. sorry...just cant stand flakes

Last edited by JJShantell2; 01-26-2008 at 10:54 PM..

Old 01-26-2008, 10:37 PM

sounds like you may have found your first client

Old 01-27-2008, 07:54 PM

Man JJ sorry that happened. That sounds pretty frustrating. Good news travels fast and bad news travels even faster. Word of mouth goes a long way. After seeing what the market has to offer, I am going to open my own business. I should have the website launched by Tuesday. Hopefully clients won't be too hard to find. I've started networking but will really hit it hard as soon as I get into town.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:56 AM

133 posts, read 376,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vailadrenaline View Post
Man JJ sorry that happened. That sounds pretty frustrating. Good news travels fast and bad news travels even faster. Word of mouth goes a long way. After seeing what the market has to offer, I am going to open my own business. I should have the website launched by Tuesday. Hopefully clients won't be too hard to find. I've started networking but will really hit it hard as soon as I get into town.

Check out the Knoxville board, there is a person moving from Vermont that has all kinds of taxation questions....could be another client, or someone that you could just help with real answers rather than the "opinions" that some people post

Old 01-28-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailadrenaline View Post
let me know if you want to talk more...I'm in the employee benefits business
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga