Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 12:52 AM

179 posts, read 556,832 times

Advertisements

Hi, we're moving to the Chattanooga Area within October this year, so a few question for you

*Any Housing Agent you could recommend contacting to find a short term lease for 2 Adults & 2 dogs?? (Don't wanna stay in Motel til we find a house to buy)
*Any honest used car dealer place you could recommend?
*Is there any kinda dog park or something I could go with my pup's so we all can meet new people?
*Where could I find out about volunteering for the community? And/or what's a good place to get to know the Locals

After having had to travel the World, we'd love to move one last time for good so any suggestions for an 'easy' start and integrating ourselves in the community would be highly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 09:45 PM

5 posts, read 20,416 times
I'm a native Chattanoogan but I'm actually leaving the area soon to the Northeast. I'll be the first to tell you that Chattanooga is a great place to live and I'll be sad when I leave.

To answer your questions, I can't recommend any agents but can recommend a beautiful home in the Red Bank area going on the market soon that is the perfect size for 2 adults and 1 dog currently . Adding another dog wouldn't be a problem.

Yes, we do have a dog park in the downtown area that always seems to be crowded. City of Chattanooga

This online newspaper (Chattanoogan.com - Breaking News in Chattanooga) will tell you about anything going on around town. I'm sure you will not have a problem at all finding places to volunteer. You will meet plenty of people in the downtown and northshore areas.

Good luck with your move.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:21 AM

Hey, thanks for re- confirming the decision we took for a place to settle for good was the right one

Thanks for the info's, I am kinda nervous about the doggies, since they're like our kids you know. Plus i REALLY need things to do to keep me busy, sitting on my behind tets to make me sick lol

Since you're so familiar with everything, when does winter kick in for y'all? How much snow do you get there/ how cold does it get? I'm used to CO winter's myself but guess TN won't have the harsh blizzards.

Seriously if you guys are interested in selling your house, send me all details you can think of as private msg? Like Sq ft, Acres, Bedrooms, Date available, Price....
Havin searched for houses online, how would you judge the Whitewell area?

Thanks a bunch, grateful for any info's I can get right now.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:38 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,653,299 times
Welcome! We frequent the skate park just beside the dog park and it's a hoot! The dogs love to play and run and bark over there for hours. Your babies will surely love it.

The weather is nice until late October or so. Last Thanksgiving we were out in t-shirts but you will have broken out the sweats and light jackets by then. We get very little snow but we like to shut the town down anyway lol

For volunteer work, try Signal Centers. They works with challenged babies, youth and adults. Great place. We also have Habitat w/Women Build and Goodwill, the usual.

I am not sure about a good used dealer but I know some great mechanics if you ever need them

We have plenty of churches if you are interested for mingling, plenty of entertainment downtown on the weekends and tons of events in other little towns for a day trip. Enough to keep you busy I will bet

Old 09-03-2008, 02:01 PM

That sounds like a nice place for them, will def. have to check it.
Wow ok, that will be different, I recall some Halloween's with blizzard style snow hitting us. But if there's at least some lil white on the Rd's left for Christmas that would do it for us
He he if I'd need a mechanic I'd call my hubby But considering our 1 Vehicle is just about 6 weeks old, i better not break down any time soon. We'd just need another car before long (I'd LOVEEE to find a job again asap once I get there).

We're looking at several area's that are 30-40 miles outside Chattanooga right now, I'd love to find a house out there, as pretty as your city looks and I bet its nice there..I just can't live in the city, at least I never have and trying to keep it this way
So any suggestions about small town's that have lil houses & lots acres on sale I am all for it.

Do you all from this forum here meet sometimes/ know each other?

Old 09-03-2008, 02:24 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,653,299 times
Actually yes, some of do know each other and gather on occasion. We have had TN meet-n-greets as well as here in Chattanooga. I have made a few good friends off of this site.

Let's see, little towns... I personally love Chickamauga GA but it's not in TN lol One of our members actually DID move there and seems to love it. They are WAY down a country road with dairy farms and all. Harrison and Soddy Daisy are both good and close to the water. Birchwood is out there with alot of farms left and just beautiful but kind of flat. Most of these places will put you within 25-30 minutes of "town"

Old 09-03-2008, 03:12 PM

Well that's cool, hopefully I'll get to meet some of you as well, so I can thank you in person for the helps.

Please don't get me wrong, from what I know so far, I love your Chattanooga "town" :-) but you give me a few days with lots of tall Bldgs and concrete around me and I go nuts.
Funny that you mention Chickamauga GA, cause I found a pretty neat house there the other day, but figured it was too far away.

I'm just so nervous about everything, so far all moves were military moves, this time around is all on our own. Being happy to go "home" though TN in itself ain't home and gotta make it home first....just kinda excited, scared & happy at the same time. Most of all I really pray we can get everything sorted out quickly once my husband get's there so me & the dogs can follow. Hopefully we'll find some small place that will allows the pup's .

Old 09-05-2008, 11:11 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,914 times
don't forget the Hamilton County Fair coming up soon!

Old 09-05-2008, 01:22 PM

When is that coming up? Too soon or 'late' enough for my hubby to at least be there? :-)

Old 09-06-2008, 02:57 AM

600 posts, read 2,260,155 times
The home show is this weekend too, which is good for all of us "new" home buyers!! The newspaper has had $3.00 off coupons for the last couple of days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga