Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2009, 08:43 PM
lyz lyz started this thread

13 posts, read 33,721 times

Advertisements

I may be looking at a room to rent in at Mountain Creek and US 27. Does anyone know what that area is like? (I'm not in Chattanooga yet). My daughter and I are looking for inexpensive, temporary housing, but it also has to be safe. So, I am very leery of everything I read. Any other ideas for rooms to rent temporarily are welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 06:11 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,876,612 times
Wink Good Parkway highway

The Rt # 27 is very smooth wide divided , 4 lane parkway running North & south thru the county . Many apt comlex here , along with some of the Alexian Brothers nursing homes.
.Sort of at the base of plateau or signal mtn , west edge of Hixon near Rt #153 running east & west thru the shopping Mall / hospital corridor .
Maybe a real estate agent has some options for short term / flexible housing . Some of our forum house hunters have used the "Extend -A-Stay or "Home -A- Away" suites around Hixon . Good weekly rates. Here is a # for one of them . 423 - 643 4663.\ In the warm weather this is the Hiking / swimming areas.
Keep us posted .

Old 01-14-2009, 09:36 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,684,171 times
there a number of apartment complexes on that road, and we were all set to rent from one of them when first moving to town. the only reason we ended up not staying there was the apartment manager didn't have the type of unit we needed. You have close access to 27 which takes you right into town and the traffic isn't bad.

I felt the area was safe for the most part, and liked how the apartment complexes were at the foot of Signal Mountain. Some had the feel of being very secluded as they are set back in the woods.

The place we had thoroughly checked out was Fontaine Woods. Hope that helps

Old 01-14-2009, 11:43 AM
lyz lyz started this thread

13 posts, read 33,721 times
Thanks. The room is in a house that is being remodeled. How about River HIlls Manor? Anyone had experience there? Maybe I should make a new thread question for this?

Old 01-14-2009, 02:21 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,684,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyz View Post
Thanks. The room is in a house that is being remodeled. How about River HIlls Manor? Anyone had experience there? Maybe I should make a new thread question for this?
I drive past there everyday going to work. It's a good area, however, there are no sidewalks on that section of Hixson Pike. And it's a fairly busy road whereas Mountain Creek Road is not...and I'm almost certain there are walking sidewalks there.

If those two choices were presented to me...I'd choose over by Mountain Creek Rd

Old 01-15-2009, 06:16 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,656,906 times
I agree w/Tridad. River Hills is on a pretty busy street heading down town but there is nothing there BUT the manor. It's pretty basic but if you are in a pinch I would put it on the list. Pretty much cinder block walls and I think just a hot tub. The rates are decent though and I would consider it safe. I much prefer Mtn Creek because most of the complexes have outdoor space and/or pools for families to enjoy themselves and meet the neighbors. Mtn Creek apartments may cost more and if that's an issue right now, the manor will be fine for you two. I would say both have comparable crime rates.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:38 AM

52 posts, read 182,285 times
Trail of Signal Mountains...I'll continue to rave about them as that's where I am.

I chose them because of two main factors initially.

1. Price
2. Quality

I found less expensive apartments, but felt for the price I was getting something run down and just kind of trashy.

At the trails I felt like the place could be a home. I could make it my own. They have great curb appeal and inside their very clean and well maintained. The downside they only offer 1 year leasing...but you can always buy out if you decide to move.

The main reason why I'm hugely raving NOW is that I've had a few issues come up and they've been very quick to respond...Such as a huge leak I had cause MY washing machine had a line burst. They had about 300 gallons of water extracted for me (no charge) and had it all done before noon! (I found the leak in the morning when I woke up)...I'm sure they would have helped things happen faster had I called them right away, but I first turned off the water and began moving ALL my still unpacked things upstairs...

But it was my favorite spot I looked at (and I saw Fontaine Woods too)

Any questions just let me know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga