Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 07:24 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,694,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
It's a simple matter of appreciation for what others do, and collect than my way or the highway. You come across as a legend in your own mind without understanding the desires of others. Just because you were blessed with owning a car that says made in Bowling Green, KY does that make it better than any other well kept car? This has been a lesson in humility for you, so you can quit being so full of yourself. Any well kept car has a certain value that the OP needs to weigh in his decision making process, and because you feel smug in your C6 vs my C5 don't mean crap when I'm home all day at 52 while you work for a wage.
I will always admire Low Rider magazine, and the girls, and craftsmanship that they brought to our hobby. Bless you mi Amigos!
First of all, you're the one who needs a lesson in humility.

Second, I wasn't "blessed" with a car...I WORKED for it.

Third, not all cars are made equal. A "well-kept" Ford Pinto doesn't have the same value as a "well-kept" Corvette.

Fourth, I NEVER said that I felt better than you because I owned a C6 vs a C5. In fact, I said I appreciate ALL Corvette's for what they are. You don't comprehend well.

And you seem pretty full of yourself because you're "home all day while I work". That's a pretty smug and arrogant statement to make because I assume 95% of everyone else on this forum ALSO works each day for a wage. You come off like a complete asshat and it's pretty obvious you live in some rarefied air in your own mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 07:52 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Not sure if it's jealousy or if you have some psychological problems but there's really no need to be condescending.
Uh huh...

Quote:
First of all, you're the one who needs a lesson in humility. You don't comprehend well. And you seem pretty full of yourself. You come off like a complete asshat and it's pretty obvious you live in some rarefied air in your own mind.
Might want to take your own advice, "Speedy."

Old 04-09-2013, 08:32 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,109,912 times
Whoah guys...calm down. Let's all hold hands and go **** on some Mustangs, okay?

Thanks for all the great (and entertaining replies).

Taking C4s, C6s, and '69 Camaros out the question , my takeways from this discussion are this:

1.) From an objective standpoint (logic, stats, cost), the answer is that an LS1 Corvette IS NOT worth the double price over an equally-equipped F-Body.
2.) But from a subjective standpoint (emotion, style, 'the club'), then the Corvette IS worth the extra price.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:51 AM

1,479 posts, read 2,718,739 times
The two cars are in different classes IMO. One is a muscle car designed for straight line speed on a budget. The other is a world class sports car designed to compete with Germany and Italy's best. Me personally, I'd go with the Vette.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:09 AM

32 posts, read 55,149 times
Had fun with Vettes, Camaros & Jags eons ago. Wouldn't want to feed them now.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:22 AM

Just to throw a curveball:

With prices being equal: late-model 4th gen LS1 F-body or early model C4 LT1 Corvette?

Old 04-09-2013, 11:44 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,699,859 times
Corvette.

Always Corvette.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:45 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,694,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Uh huh...

Might want to take your own advice, "Speedy."
Don't think I need to. Was asked a question, gave my opinion. Didn't think that was a crime nowadays.

Quote:
Just to throw a curveball:

With prices being equal: late-model 4th gen LS1 F-body or early model C4 LT1 Corvette?
Probably a more equal comparison. I don't think there is any clear-cut winner in this type of battle simply because the C4 Corvette's are underpowered and have the least attractive body style in my opinion.

For under $10K, the most "bang for the buck" vehicle I could think of would be a 1998-2005 Mazda Miata Roadster. I've driven a few Miata's from this generation and it's by far one of the best bargains on the market. It doesn't have massive hp/torque numbers but it really doesn't need it for being 2300 lbs. Very agile, great cornering ability, and can be a blast to drive for a very reasonable price. Might be something to look into with a comparable price to a late model Camaro.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Don't think I need to. Was asked a question, gave my opinion. Didn't think that was a crime nowadays.

Probably a more equal comparison. I don't think there is any clear-cut winner in this type of battle simply because the C4 Corvette's are underpowered and have the least attractive body style in my opinion.

For under $10K, the most "bang for the buck" vehicle I could think of would be a 1998-2005 Mazda Miata Roadster. I've driven a few Miata's from this generation and it's by far one of the best bargains on the market. It doesn't have massive hp/torque numbers but it really doesn't need it for being 2300 lbs. Very agile, great cornering ability, and can be a blast to drive for a very reasonable price. Might be something to look into with a comparable price to a late model Camaro.
Thanks, while the Miata is a great car, I like the usability of a hatchback with a hard roof. Oh, and did I mention a V8?

Old 04-09-2013, 02:21 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,561,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Okay, so let's compare newer ones? We have a friend with a 2002 SS convertible Camaro with 20,000 original miles to any used stockish C6 with 70,000 miles that doesn't even have ride control (ride control has a computer that changes viscosity of oil in shocks for ride control)? Which would you rather have? Did I mention it was black?
I'll be honest in that I'd rather have a c5 over the SS. If we are talking c6 even more so. Nothing wrong with the SS, a great iconic car IMHO. But I do like a car that loves the twists and gets incredible 30mpg on the hiway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC