Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 09:35 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,067,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huberman View Post
Does anyone know why so many apartment complexes in the southwest suburbs are turning so ghetto? Don't understand the influx of all these gangbanger-looking types into previously nice suburbs.
Anyone can sag a pair of jeans. It's no big thing. But it takes a certain age, gender and skin color for it to SCARE THE BEJEEZUS out of someone..

The "gangbanger looking type" is just a style - a very popular style. It'll pass in the coming decade though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 10:26 PM

2,157 posts, read 5,492,914 times
OMG! I was in the Oak Knoll subdivision in Burr Ridge and I almost died! I saw a guy driving a Bentley and just about had a heart attack! Sooooo dangerous and "section 8" of that guy!

Old 07-09-2010, 06:42 AM

43 posts, read 250,381 times
Everyone keep living in your liberal fantasy world. You can have 'em all. You can continue to pay for their LINK cards & Sec. 8 housing. I prefer civilised neighborhoods & people.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:48 AM

"Uh uh, the cop is guilty, let's y'all go to the Footlocker 'n git us some SHOES!"

YouTube - Oakland Chaos: Video of riots after BART shooting Mehserle verdict

Old 07-09-2010, 07:26 AM

2,157 posts, read 5,492,914 times
Quote:
"Uh uh, the cop is guilty, let's y'all go to the Footlocker 'n git us some SHOES!"

YouTube - Oakland Chaos: Video of riots after BART shooting Mehserle verdict
That video shows some poor behavior...but guess what? Did you notice all the other people in the background who was trying to stop this from happening? Only about 5 guys broke into the store and ran in...the other BLACK people there condemed those actions...so what is your point of posting this video????? When did this happen in the Chicago area?

I'm more worried about this happening than what you posted because it happens MUCH MORE FREQUENTLY!! (and has happened to me several times when I don't even dress/act ghetto at all)

Racism in an upscale store

And before you say anything, even though this was not a "REAL" situation, the reactions were very real..so before you go on your "liberal media" bashing rant, just realize that this crap happens all the time.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:49 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,338 times
Quote:
Everyone keep living in your liberal fantasy world. You can have 'em all. You can continue to pay for their LINK cards & Sec. 8 housing. I prefer civilised neighborhoods & people.
So the real comes out. You'll enjoy yourself more in the Politics & Controversies forum.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:50 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,067,778 times
Quote:
Are you gonna answer ANY of my questions? They weren't rhetorical, you know.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Are you gonna answer ANY of my questions? They weren't rhetorical, you know.

I'm not going to answer anything. Honestly, I was simply looking for an answer to my ORIGINAL QUESTION which no one seems to know. This has gone way off topic and no one seems to have a credible answer. You Section 8 apologists can keep on bantering amongst yourselves, but i'm done with this topic.

Au revoir!

Old 07-09-2010, 08:11 AM

320 posts, read 955,000 times
Quote:
Ah, and now the punchline. God, the victim complex of conservatives in this country never ends...

No, you prefer to stay in your home and wait for Glenn Beck to come on....

My liberal fantasy world is one where I live in the city, work in the Loop, rinse, repeat. My taxes, my vote.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:44 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,510,206 times
Quote:
I've noticed a great deal of, what I assume are, Section 8 apartments in the Chicagoland suburbs lately. For instance, in Justice on 87th & 88th Ave; in Burr Ridge on Kingery Hwy & 93rd St, and on & on. I have feared for my life driving near these complexes.

What's the deal with all these folks moving into what were previously nice suburbs? Are these the Robert Taylor/Cabrini refugees?
Yes Burr Ridge is getting more and more dangerous all the time. Like yesterday I saw a couple little girls all decked out in abercrombie kids asking $.75 for a cup of Lemonade! Must have been to pay for the clothes. I was like WTF is this world coming to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs