Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2010, 01:09 PM

4 posts, read 5,389 times

Advertisements

I have recently got a job with Deloitte in Chicago downtown and will be moving second week of October. I was recommended to look at Rt 59 station area apts in Naperville ( Railway Station and Bristol ).

They both are in 1260-1300 range for 2 bed/2bath. Coming with family ( wife + 3 yr old ).

Looking for any other suggestions on Apts that may be cheaper and still nicer which will allow me to get on the Metra express BSNF route rail to downtown.

Is Lisle, Downers Grove ,Belmont an option ?

Any suggestions will help.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 01:12 PM

320 posts, read 956,071 times
How about living in the city?
For that, you can get a pretty decent 2br in the city.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:52 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,661,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_nerve_action View Post
How about living in the city?
For that, you can get a pretty decent 2br in the city.
To find one that has two baths will be difficult.

I hate to assume, (OP correct me if I am wrong) but I get the feeling the OP expects things such as an in-unit washer and dryer, and a dishwasher...and that is going to be very rare in the city unless renting a condo.

Scanning Craigslist there are a host of 2br's in yuppie "safe" neighborhoods for $1300 and below.

But again the 2br/2ba thing is going to be very difficult to find in the city.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:07 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,477,336 times
Default In a word -- Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by by-g View Post
I have recently got a job with Deloitte in Chicago downtown and will be moving second week of October. I was recommended to look at Rt 59 station area apts in Naperville ( Railway Station and Bristol ).

They both are in 1260-1300 range for 2 bed/2bath. Coming with family ( wife + 3 yr old ).

Looking for any other suggestions on Apts that may be cheaper and still nicer which will allow me to get on the Metra express BSNF route rail to downtown.

Is Lisle, Downers Grove ,Belmont an option ?

Any suggestions will help.
Thanks
There are apartments in Lisle and all three stops in Downers Grove that'll get you downtown just as quick and for probably less money.

The other major DuPage Co trian line runs through Elmhurst, Villa Park, Lombard, Wheaton, and Winfield. Slightly longer commutes, but probably some slighlty more affordable rentals.

You do have a while until the kid needs school, but I doubt you can find as good a value in Chicago...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs