Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 10:00 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,095,405 times

Advertisements

If resale is a concern I think your better off with lombard than Batavia. Batavia is really far out there, many people wouldn't consider living that and commuting to Chicago or even alot of burbs along the I88 corridor.

I think both for your commutes and potential future jobs as well as for resale purposes being closer to the city and also expressways is huge. Having lived in Naperville which isn't nearly as far out as batavia heck even being on the south end of naperville makes it a 30-40 minute commute sometimes just to 88 and that's before Im even on the expressway I really regretted not being close to an expressway and my next home regardless of where I'm workin is probably going to be in the Lombard / Villa Park area. I love that its closer to the city you can even take roosevelt or north ave all the way in if you want but your also right near 88, 355, 83, 294, etc.

I honestly don't know too much about lombard I used to think of it as the same level as oakbrook and elmhurst. Honestly it's not bad but there are some dumpyer parts. I'd probably choose Villa Park or elmhurst over Lombard. I think better schools and should be priced pretty similarly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 09:44 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,332,804 times
Glenbard East (which serves Lombard) and Willowbrook (which serves Villa Park) are both not as highly rated as York which serves Elmhurst. Further the core of both Lombard and Villa Park are signficantly less appealing than Elmhurst which has offers a much nice selection of shops, resturants, night spots, museums, a truly impressive library, the rather nice campus of Elmhurst college and a sizeable number of residential units which insures the the area has a the mix of people needed to keep things vibrant ... All those things explain why Elmhurst is also more costly.

Old 01-26-2014, 09:57 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,776,941 times
Batavia is generally considered a nicer community than Lombard or Villa Park. It is really, really far from the Loop, but I think a lot of the people who live there work in the Fox Valley area or in the western burbs. There is actually a pretty large concentration of population along the Fox River (Batavia, Aurora, Geneva, St. Charles, Elgin, etc.), and I guarantee they are not all commuting to the Loop for work.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:12 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,095,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Batavia is generally considered a nicer community than Lombard or Villa Park. It is really, really far from the Loop, but I think a lot of the people who live there work in the Fox Valley area or in the western burbs. There is actually a pretty large concentration of population along the Fox River (Batavia, Aurora, Geneva, St. Charles, Elgin, etc.), and I guarantee they are not all commuting to the Loop for work.
i used to think lombard in teh same class almost as oakbrook and elmhurst. there are some nice areas of lombard some are dumpy too though really depends on where your at. batavia is very nice cute downtown but heck i would even hate commuting from batavia to naperville or even fox valley mall area of aurora. villa park i think is underrated have decent schools, that nice prairie path. its not a huge community so dont necessarily have their own mall and shopping corridor and everything but there's plenty of stuff on roosevelt, st charles and north ave and your close to yorktown and oakbrook as well. i dont know why but people in villa park are annoying polite lol. you come to a 4 way stop and its like a 5 minute ordeal everyone wanting to give everyone the righht of way. people will sit near the prairie path and wait for a biker or jogger who's like a block away to come and cross. i really like villa park. very cehap housing for how nice it is and what you get. alot of historical homes. near expressways, near shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs