Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 07:30 PM

n/a posts

Advertisements

Right, but I was saying from TP the rock island is the line he takes to the city. Our basement is finished, however the previous/original owner had it perma-sealed.. and we haven't had a drop of water down there (thank god!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 08:01 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,063,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae4732 View Post
Right, but I was saying from TP the rock island is the line he takes to the city. Our basement is finished, however the previous/original owner had it perma-sealed.. and we haven't had a drop of water down there (thank god!).
Oh, ok. You guys live in Tinley..

Yes, much of NWI is about the same distance from downtown as Tinley Park. And not everyone takes the train..

Old 04-30-2013, 02:08 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,259,148 times
Tinley is very suburban. That might suit the OP's daughter or she may want something more lively. The commute from TP is no great shakes.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:07 PM

n/a posts
Tinley is about as lively as a cemetery.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:14 AM

You spend a lot of time in cemeterys?

Old 05-01-2013, 07:12 PM

n/a posts
Ha... No. I've been to a few. Tinley isn't bad though, for a family I'd say its great. I moved here when I was single, because of proximity to work. We want to move north becuae my hsband is from Glenview, and it seems our workd revolves around the northwrn burbs. However, there are some great deals for nice places to live here in TP!

Old 05-09-2013, 12:35 PM

566 posts, read 1,107,069 times
My head is killing me. I looked at all the WRONG possible homes. Went to some open houses. Some foreclosures that depressed me. One house was right down the street from the station but needed at least $20,000 (roof, gutters, doors, windows, kitchen) and it was selling for $195,000.

I would LOVE Oak Park. Will concentrate there for sure. I found something in Glen Ellyn that I ♥, but it was a tad pricey. $449,000 for basically the same home I am in here that is going for $150,000.

Thank you every one.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:48 AM

There are some nice townhomes in my neighborhood. LAKE ARLINGTON Subdivision of Arlington Heights, IL - Homes, Real Estate and Property For Sale, Illinois - Arlington Heights Homes For Sale IL
Mixed community of single family and townhomes. Community pool, clubhouse, work out facility and tennis courts. Walking distance to Lake Arlington, 50 acre lake with a 2 mile walking/jogging path around it. 15 minute drive to Metra train station. There are also condos or townhomes in many other nice suburbs with Metra service. I really like Evanston, but when I bought my first place, I felt I got more for my $ in Lake Arlington and having the lake and path were very appealing. Like the neighborhood so much bought a home here after I got married and kiddo #1 showed up.

IIWM, I would find a town or neighborhood with vibe your daughter liked, that you also feel she would be safe in. You may be happy with quiet suburban SFH, she may want urban, lively location.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:54 PM

566 posts, read 1,107,069 times
Default :bump:

ok, the ex signed the agreement so it can be any day now *divorce.
Soon will be closing on a condo in Naperville. YAY. Thanks
everyone for all the information and suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs