Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 01:52 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,351,543 times

Advertisements

The ford dealership (Oakfield in Villa Park) that we used to routinely buy our cars from, has closed and the owners are now leaving to run a dealership in woodstock. We don't want to drive that far north.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent chicago suburb ford dealership to buy a new car from? One that the salesforce will give you a decent deal and not jack around with you?

We have had bad experiences with the sales force at 2 ford dealerships (I will not name) that did this. Thanks! appreciate it.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:04 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Ive dealt with Zimmerman Ford in St. Charles (corner of Dunham and 64) and was very pleased (even though I was buying a used Honda lol). They just did a very nice remodel job too, very nice place.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:42 PM

1,216 posts, read 5,776,274 times
I've personally purchased 2 fords. my first was from Golf Mill -- to me, they were just selling a car.

I purchased my second at Friendly Ford in Roselle, and they made me feel like a valued customer, so much so that we bought MIL's car there too.

My husband purchased his from the one in Wauconda, on Rte12 [can't recall the name] only because they had the exact car he was looking for. Good over all experience though.

forgot to add .... i went to the one on North Ave and Gary .... I did not care for the service I received ... one reason i didnt buy from them.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:55 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,351,543 times
Golf mill, is that the one on golf road in schaumburg?... I think that was one of the ones we did not dig. Salesman was extremeley pushy trying to sell us something we did not come in for at all. We bought 3 at oakfield, were disappointed when they closed. A nice small dealership it was too. Although we generally went to zimmerman ford in st. charles cause it is close to us, for service, they have a decent service dept.

Thanks.

Old 11-28-2007, 03:49 PM

356 posts, read 542,718 times
Packey Ford on Roosevelt in Glen Ellyn--bought wife's Winstar there and have had it serviced there with good results

Old 11-29-2007, 06:55 AM

474 posts, read 2,539,081 times
Default I Am Partial To....

... Elmhurst (Illinois) Ford for two reasons. First, our very good family friend is a mechanic there. And many times when we have trouble with our Ford Focus, he will analyze the problem for us right at his nearby home and then steer us in the direction of cost and how / where to get it repaired.

And second, early last Spring when we were looking for a second car, Elmhurst Ford had about 15 pre-driven Taurus autos (on their web site) that were low mileage and yet with a very good discounted price.Those Taurus autos were cheaper than any other Ford dealer also advertising the same used car.

I also tend to favor Joe Cotton Ford (Carol Stream) in contrast to Packey Webb Ford (Wheaton).

Our Ford developed a bad gas pump 'sender' unit. Packey Webb's quote to my wife was approximately $700. Joe Cotton Ford quoted us $419 because they honestly told us that we did not require all of Packey Webb's stated 'got to have' extras.

You see, Packey Webb wanted to replace the gasoline filter and other items when the car only had about 3oK miles on it. So it is still caveat emptor with everything one does to spend 'his' money.

Carter Glass

Old 11-29-2007, 07:54 AM

1,216 posts, read 5,776,274 times
>>Golf mill, is that the one on golf road in schaumburg?.

no - the one on Golf i believe is Woodfield Ford [everything out there on golf is "woodfield" something"

I think GolfMill is in Niles, 9401 N Milwaukee Ave Niles, IL 60714 [found their address]

Carter -- yes that was it, Cotton Ford. The sales guy I had maybe was a lousy one. Wouldnt help me with what i wanted, but found it in Roselle.

What we did for the past 5 cars [in the past 4 yrs] we were looking for [2 kids and the MIL] we used that DriveChicago.com and found what we were looking for, then contacted that dealer. Or with Friendly Ford, we could search their stock, and then go in with all the "ammo" we needed to get that vehicle for the best price.

so far, it's been working and thank heavens we wont have to do that for a long time coming.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:18 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,347,764 times
My advice would be for you to buy a Toyota or Honda. I love the look of some of the newer Fords, but I would never actually buy one.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:41 AM

356 posts, read 542,718 times
hey, I can finally agree with Carter on something-- even though I bought at Packey Ford I have visited Joe Cotton Ford on North Avenue and I did find them to be non- pressure and friendly.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:14 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,510,206 times
I've always had good luck with Nives/Rizza Ford on 159th Street and 80th Avenue in Orland Park. It is located right on Auto Dealer Row with about 30 other dealers so all the dealers are more apt to do whatever it takes to get your business with the high competition nearby. Here is their link. Rizza Ford Orland Park - Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs