Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2007, 12:30 PM

2 posts, read 5,268 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm a new international student who will come to study at UP in several weeks. Could anybody there gives me some advices about:

1. Considering transportation, i have to think about to rent a place near metra stations like Richton Park, Matteson and Olympia Fields. Which place do you think is okay for me to rent a cheap and safe one? $300-$500/month for a bedroom okay?

2. Some courses end at 10:30pm, are there any good suggestions/tips for a girl to go back home safely after the courses?

3. Does south suburbs have any Chinese food materials stores?

4. Please tell me if you know where i can get info that anybody is looking for an apartment roommate.

5. Somebody said in this forum that Park Forest is a not bad choice, but i'm not sure if it's okay for no driving.

Any advice will be appreciated very much! Thanks a million!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 02:22 PM

2 posts, read 5,268 times
Park Forest does really close to UP? Bicycle riding is okay?

Thanks!

Old 12-18-2014, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 999 times
No bike riding.... but Cedar Ridge in Richton Park have student rates on apartments. I may have to catch a cab. But I hear Governors State have on campus living. That should be your first choice. And Chinese food material. .. I'm unsure of. I can ask the Chinese restaurant that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs