Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 04:23 PM

15 posts, read 93,120 times

Advertisements

Will someone, please tell me, how can a non-experienced person serve on numerous boards in the City of Harvey? Don't most communities have statute of limitations, regading this?

Keith Price, is serving as a Harvey Alderman, Vice President of the District's 152 school board, and Park Commissioner. As of date, I can't see anything he has done to enhance the community. Why are people voting him in on things? Is the City of Harvey, this pathetic now, that they place a 'ruffian' in office?

I'm even more disappointed in Mayor Eric Kellogg. He endorsed this man, when he fully well new of his background. However, as soon as Keith Price got on the ballad and in the political arena, he fell out with Mayor Kellogg. He even accused Mayor Kellogg, of having something to do with the shooting, that left bullets in his groin area on Channel 5 News. How's that for gratitude?

Keith Price, has been arrested on various occasions for physically abusing women. He has been shot at on three occasions and still has bullets in his body. Not to mention, his limited education. There's absolutely nothing professional about him. He is a career menace to the community.

I didn't even know you could run for local political positions, if you served jail time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 04:34 PM

162 posts, read 803,927 times
Harvey is a disaster and people wonder why - it starts at the top.

Sad to say, but there is no hope for Harvey.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:45 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,512,047 times
If a rich invester with a brain cell was to come in and spend a ton of money cleaning up the town perhaps Harvey would have a future, but with the current staff that is in charge in there, things don't look good.

Heck lets look at the chain of events that have played out for the "Blues Brother's" Mall; Dixie Square. If you do a search on that mall and read about it's history and see how it seems to be completely doomed and destined to NEVER get cleaned up or opened back up, you will quickly realize that the people in charge of the entire town are a bunch of idiots.

For instance, the town hired a crew to begin cleaning up Dixie Square some 5 years ago, so what do the idiots there do? They break up a bunch of friable asbestos and throw it outside into the parking lot as well as into the corridors of the mall! Of course the state came in for an inspection and shut the whole thing down and filed fines against not only the contractor, but the town itself for allowing it to happen. Next, the city gets back on it's feet and hires a demolition team to demolish the mall, so what happens? The demolition team was never instructed as to what needed to be demolished by... THE IDIOTS, so what happens? The wrong buildings get demolished! LOL! Buildings that were already bought and had remodeling being done on them were taken to the ground! LOL! Why was no one there to stop them and say, "ummmmm hello... you are ripping the wrong building down..." (In Dane Cook voice)

Here is the BEST part of it all... The Harvey Police Station is located on this VERY property and the cops had to see and hear this happening (demolition), but nobody stopped the wrecker cranes from doing their thing or even asked the foreman, "what are you doing, those buildings were supposed to stay up". So as of today, the mall sits with part of it being knocked down in rubble as well as an out building that was going to be re-used. Way to go Harvey!

Old 01-18-2008, 09:12 AM

37 posts, read 158,190 times
Next, the city gets back on it's feet and hires a demolition team to demolish the mall, so what happens? The demolition team was never instructed as to what needed to be demolished by... THE IDIOTS, so what happens? The wrong buildings get demolished! LOL! Buildings that were already bought and had remodeling being done on them were taken to the ground! LOL! Why was no one there to stop them and say, "ummmmm hello... you are ripping the wrong building down..." (In Dane Cook voice)

Are you serious? Can I find information on this anywhere?

Old 01-18-2008, 10:45 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,512,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkForester View Post
Next, the city gets back on it's feet and hires a demolition team to demolish the mall, so what happens? The demolition team was never instructed as to what needed to be demolished by... THE IDIOTS, so what happens? The wrong buildings get demolished! LOL! Buildings that were already bought and had remodeling being done on them were taken to the ground! LOL! Why was no one there to stop them and say, "ummmmm hello... you are ripping the wrong building down..." (In Dane Cook voice)

Are you serious? Can I find information on this anywhere?
Here is some stuff on this mall. Don't know if it has what you are looking for. This story was covered in the Daily Southtown about a year ago and I drove by and saw the wrecker cranes out there with the bucket through the roof. WHOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSS! LMFAO!

Barraclou.Com - Dixie Square Mall, Harvey,IL

Old 01-18-2008, 11:01 AM

37 posts, read 158,190 times
Thanks for posting that NYrules.

Hopefully one day Harvey will get it's act together.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:45 AM

2 posts, read 9,308 times
if you have any street smarts what so ever, living in harvey is pretty simple and enjoyable , i mean you might get your car window smashed in cause you left a gold ring in your center counsel , but i guess that goes along with having any street smarts

quit town bashin

Old 03-03-2008, 07:43 AM

863 posts, read 2,785,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianmufuka View Post
if you have any street smarts what so ever, living in harvey is pretty simple and enjoyable , i mean you might get your car window smashed in cause you left a gold ring in your center counsel , but i guess that goes along with having any street smarts

quit town bashin
I'm usually the first person against "town bashin", but if any town is bad enough to be bashed, it's Harvey.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:23 PM

3 posts, read 19,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianmufuka View Post

quit town bashin
You sound like you should be living in Harvey along with all the other losers. You know, there are places where you don't have to have "street smarts" to live a simple and enjoyable life without having to worry about some punks breaking into your car for a ring or some other s*** like that. Harvey used to be a nice place to live...now it's nothing more than an extension of the ghettos of the southside of Chicago.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:27 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,036,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vester72 View Post
Harvey is a disaster and people wonder why - it starts at the top.

Sad to say, but there is no hope for Harvey.
In reality it starts with the People of Harvey because they choose that person at the top. if the people are garbage, they will elect garbage officials. not everyone in harvey is bad but you get the idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs