Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 03:10 PM

16 posts, read 80,130 times

Advertisements

Hey All,

I am looking at condo's and I recently came across Four Lakes neighborhood in Lisle off of Rt. 53 and Maple Rd. Can anyone tell me some things about this place? It looks nice---they have a ski hill, volleyball, lakes, a bar w/ swimming pool, and mini convenience store. I like the wooded setting and the amenities. What are the pro's and con's living there?

I've also been looking around Naperville, Plainfield, Orland Park, Homer Glen. I also really like Mokena and Tinley Park. Any suggestions at all would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 08:49 PM

610 posts, read 2,729,861 times
At one time Four Lakes was labeled a flood plain and additional insurance was necessary. Not sure if this is still the case. I've heard it is a great place for young single people because they are afforable and there is a lot to do in the area.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:27 AM

137 posts, read 549,705 times
Four Lakes is a robust and active community. There is a bunny hill for skiers, and a half decent jump for boarders in the winter. In the summer four swimming pools, volleyball courts, lakes for fishing, trails for walking or running. Pet friendly. Pub & convenience store on premises.

Will you be renting or owning? It is a great deal if you're renting. Fun place and nice units.

It's also a great deal if you're buying, but not always easy to sell a unit there simply because of the sheer volume of units available due to the fact the complex is so large. So purchasing in this complex may prove to be a tricky investment. That being said, there are some really nice units, and if you consider purchasing one to live in and hanging on to it to rent it out in the future, it could prove to be the ideal investment.

Just for your info - the complex is comprised of townhomes, condos and apartments. Take your pick.

Negatives - very limited number of units with garages. For the most part parking is spaces only.

Last edited by acdevane; 02-12-2008 at 12:29 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-13-2008, 01:47 PM

16 posts, read 80,130 times
Thanks for the suggestions so far. What are the price ranges for the condos? 200-250K?

Also, can you play on the seven bridges golf course for free or discounted if you live there? Is it part of four lakes?

Old 02-14-2008, 10:28 PM

25 posts, read 131,993 times
I've known a couple people that have lived in Four Lakes and they say it's very crime-ridden. I'm sure it's only in certain areas of the complex, but I'd be careful...you might want to look into the crime rate. Not sure if the police dept. or something online could give you that info. Just wanted to give you a heads up!

Old 02-15-2008, 11:35 AM

61 posts, read 301,292 times
My best friend bought a condo in Four Lakes about 2 years ago. She's single, 28yrs old and walks everywhere including a dog at night and has never had any problems, or seen any crime issues.
The complexes are really nice and the community is great - especially for young singles. Wouldn't be ideal for a family really, but you could probably make that work also.
I would recommend them for sure.

As for prices, you can get a 1 bedroom condo for anywhere from 90K - 150K - they are very small, but you can probably find a nicely renovated one for about 130K.
For $250K you could easily get whatever you wanted inside Four Lakes, from what I know.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:11 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bas78 View Post
I've known a couple people that have lived in Four Lakes and they say it's very crime-ridden. I'm sure it's only in certain areas of the complex, but I'd be careful...you might want to look into the crime rate. Not sure if the police dept. or something online could give you that info. Just wanted to give you a heads up!
At Four Lakes, really? Ive been in there many times and it seems exceptionally safe to me. Then again I dont live there nor spend alot of time there so I cant say for sure how much crime there is, but I never hear a peep about the place nor see anything in the police reports from that area.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:48 PM

25 posts, read 131,993 times
I have no idea either since I never lived there...I was just told about some muggings and thefts. Maybe all the riff-raff moved away since then

Old 02-16-2008, 09:32 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,617,005 times
I met my husband there,,, so much for his fun 4 Lakes single life.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:01 PM

193 posts, read 512,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bas78 View Post
I've heard the same thing myself which I was very surprised to hear. I used to live in Lisle and thought the neighborhood was very nice. However, I would also suggest checking more into this as I've heard it's gone downhill and continues to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs