Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 01:33 PM

9 posts, read 18,578 times
ToriaT- Thank you for your input. Yes, I have seen some flags down some side streets by my house. Not many at all but 2 or 3. I did see some down Roosevelt at a coffee bistro. It has Italian flag looking canopies and tables right on the corner. They had the look but could have been anybody I suppose.

Master Jay- We moved down here right when the looting was going on and we were on Cicero Ave looking for a place to eat(everything was closed for curfew, but we tried) and it was crazy. Police and National Guard everywhere and broken windows. Same down Cermak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2020, 01:35 PM

So if most have moved away then how is the Cicero Street Crew still operational? You would think they would be around somewhere close to Cicero or Berwyn, no?

Old 06-25-2020, 02:31 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,244,563 times
Hmmmm. THAT one you may have to ask those fellas you were mentioning that you see on their porch, when you're walking your dog.

Old 06-25-2020, 02:44 PM

I was thinking about that, but don't want to protrude and someone to get offended.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:18 AM

A few years ago, I was eating at Moon Palace in Chinatown (which is a crew of the Outfit: The 26th Street/Chinatown crew), and I just struck up a conversation with 2 Italian men... And in the conversation I worked in some talk about the Outfit, and mentioned some names, like Joe Lombardo... You can tell that although Italians are Italians, they sometimes tend to favor their particular neighborhood.

One of these guys gave me his business card, and took me over to the Old Neighborhood Italian American Club (which I never went in because you need a membership), and he introduced me to a guy that took me inside and showed me around. It was very cool, knowing that the owner was a very feared mobster and I'm sure some "business" took place inside those walls.

Every once in a while when I would go into the Italian areas and the "connected" establishments, I would drop that guy's name and show them his business card. People knew him, that I do remember.

I've always enjoyed my times in the Italian areas. To date, however, I have not discovered any in Cicero or Berwyn.... Berwyn? I've been to Paisan's and Lalo's. Doubtful there's any of the Outfit's hand in those 2 places, but cool places to go to!

Old 06-26-2020, 08:17 AM

Yeah, I agree not very Italian here in Berwyn anymore. A few here and there but its like that in any city I suppose.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:37 AM

80's Baby 82, somewhere on here, I did a "Little Italys of Chicago" thread. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Old 06-26-2020, 01:29 PM

Master Jay- Sure thing, bud.

Old 06-27-2020, 10:37 AM

4,152 posts, read 7,934,805 times
According to Wikipedia the current Boss is Salvatore DeLaurentis. My friend is related to James Inendino.

Boss: Salvatore DeLaurentis[46]
Street Boss: Albert "Albie the Falcon" Vena[47]– born in 1949. Part of the new administration following the retirement of John DiFronzo.[48] Vena was once a powerful capo of the Grand Avenue crew and replaced Joseph Lombardo after his 2007 conviction of a 1974 murder.[49] FBI investigators from the August 2006 disappearance case of Anthony Zizzo considered him a suspect.[50] In 1993, Vena was acquitted of the November 4, 1992 murder of Samuel Taglia who was shot twice in the head and had his throat cut with a knife, his body was dumped in the trunk of his 1983 Buick car. His most trusted confidantes were reported to be Joseph Andriacchi and James Inendino.
Underboss: Salvatore "Sammy Cards" Cataudella[46]
Consigliere: Vacant

Old 06-27-2020, 10:46 AM

4,152 posts, read 7,934,805 times
Regarding Berwyn, the police were brilliant in keeping the city from being looted. And I watched some live streaming and I can tell you that much of the populace who were men came out in the streets with baseball bats, and sticks and stood by the police line ready to beat or stop on any looters. I have a picture of that but I don't know how to post it. Trust me, it happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs