Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 04:32 PM

6 posts, read 8,017 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
So I just found out that I got a job which requires me to live in Ford Heights. My workplaces would be on 15th and 16th Streets there, although I cannot disclose what I do. I will also be working in the Beacon Hill neighborhood of Chicago Heights and in the neighborhood between 11th and 12h streets in that town. Does anyone know a good place for me to live? It has to be in Ford Heights. Thanks!

- Jayballed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2021, 06:57 PM

120 posts, read 170,112 times
…I have no words.

Do NOT take this job. This is not an area you want to be playing around in, not in the neighborhoods you’re working in. My inclination is that you’re going to be some type of social worker, although my gut has other suspicions of what you might be doing here (you did say you “couldn’t disclose,” after all).

Don’t do this to yourself, Jayballed. Find a better job elsewhere

- Pseudo Nym

Old 08-05-2021, 06:17 AM

731 posts, read 484,662 times
Got to work and live in Ford Heights, eh? Well, it will be an exciting lifestyle, I'll say that.

Old 08-05-2021, 01:03 PM

I’m getting paid quite handsomely for this…what I’m doing is lucrative and definitely worth living in Ford Heights for. I’m not a social worker, I’ll say that. I am helping people though.

Old 08-05-2021, 01:26 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,479,741 times
My old stomping grounds, former Trojan. Rough area, oddly I don't see anything for rent/sale on the market. I guess everyone there is happy.

Does it have to be within Ford Heights or can you do Chicago Heights? That would open it up a lot.

Old 08-05-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
My old stomping grounds, former Trojan. Rough area, oddly I don't see anything for rent/sale on the market. I guess everyone there is happy.

Does it have to be within Ford Heights or can you do Chicago Heights? That would open it up a lot.
I spoke with my boss today.

They’re allowing me to live in Chicago Heights, but it has to be either in Beacon Hill or East of Wentworth there. Ford Heights is still the preferred location.

Old 08-05-2021, 04:10 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,548,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayballed View Post
Hi all,
So I just found out that I got a job which requires me to live in Ford Heights. My workplaces would be on 15th and 16th Streets there, although I cannot disclose what I do. I will also be working in the Beacon Hill neighborhood of Chicago Heights and in the neighborhood between 11th and 12h streets in that town. Does anyone know a good place for me to live? It has to be in Ford Heights. Thanks!

- Jayballed
Is this a joke? There's almost nothing there.

Old 08-05-2021, 04:28 PM

My job entails going to people’s houses. I know there are no businesses - these are projects. I grew up in Altgeld so I think I can handle hoods.

Old 08-05-2021, 05:56 PM

120 posts, read 170,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayballed View Post
My job entails going to people’s houses. I know there are no businesses - these are projects. I grew up in Altgeld so I think I can handle hoods.
You sure? You’re moving to possibly the worst suburb in the country and the worst area of the neighboring suburb…whatever the financial compensation, it’s not worth sacrificing for Ford Heights. I just looked up where you’ll live - was nicknamed “Vietnam” back in the 80s for its violence. If you’re so dead set on moving, you’ll need lots and lots of protection. Kevlar armor, probably. Seriously though, what are you doing in that area to begin with?

Old 08-06-2021, 03:23 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,918,343 times
I guess Meth/Crack sales are now a legit business in Illinois..other than that, there is no helping "people" in that town, aside from giving them somewhere else to live..

Good luck, I'll be checking Hey Jackass to see what happens to you..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs