Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2009, 06:07 PM

17 posts, read 75,039 times

Advertisements

I fell in love with this townhouse out in bolingbrook(in the beaconridge subdivision)

I was ready to make a offer on it, but i found out about a stabbing at the Bolingbrook High School.

At first, i shrugged it off, because kids will be kids and fights happens.

Then i decided to do a little bit more research, and i discovered that Beaconridge is the 'worst' part of Bolingbrook, and it has gangs, drugs and section 8 tenents, which is a recipe for disaster.

Is it really that bad in beaconridge? I dont want to invest in a property down there and have its value plummet because some gangbangers are selling drugs in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 01:44 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,258,281 times
In short, yes. I would not want to live in that subdivision. I don't really like that whole area around the 53/lily cache corridor anyhow. There are some shady characters hanging on corners at odd hours of the night.

If you really want to invest in older parts og Bolingbrook, I suggest looking further down 53 the other way, closer to Boughton.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:37 AM

17 posts, read 75,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManheimMadman View Post
In short, yes. I would not want to live in that subdivision. I don't really like that whole area around the 53/lily cache corridor anyhow. There are some shady characters hanging on corners at odd hours of the night.

If you really want to invest in older parts og Bolingbrook, I suggest looking further down 53 the other way, closer to Boughton.

wow that sucks. Ive read even more stories about people getting robbed in parking lots by some punk teenagers around there. I even read a story about someone getting killed over a stolen bike!

It was a real nice townhome too. Too bad i wont be living there.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:20 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,258,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason02 View Post
wow that sucks. Ive read even more stories about people getting robbed in parking lots by some punk teenagers around there. I even read a story about someone getting killed over a stolen bike!

It was a real nice townhome too. Too bad i wont be living there.
FWIW, about two years ago I was cashing a money order at the currency exchange on the corner of lily cache and 53. When I got out, some black kid was like, "give me your money, mother f**cker!". He must have been 14 at most, so I shrugged it off, got in my car and drove away.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:26 PM

1 posts, read 8,068 times
i actually grew up in beaconridge it wasn't that bad there weren't allot of gang bangers around or drugs or anything i mean there were allot of kids and there families living there it was a pretty good place i don't know what happened over the years I'm hearing about people i hung out with getting shot and robbed i don't know what to think but change needs to come to beaconridge before its too late

Old 08-19-2011, 03:20 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,527,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason02 View Post
I fell in love with this townhouse out in bolingbrook(in the beaconridge subdivision)

I was ready to make a offer on it, but i found out about a stabbing at the Bolingbrook High School.

At first, i shrugged it off, because kids will be kids and fights happens.

Then i decided to do a little bit more research, and i discovered that Beaconridge is the 'worst' part of Bolingbrook, and it has gangs, drugs and section 8 tenents, which is a recipe for disaster.

Is it really that bad in beaconridge? I dont want to invest in a property down there and have its value plummet because some gangbangers are selling drugs in that area.
That area is sketchy and has been for years. Pretty much from 55 all the way to Webber its low income apartments, shady neighborhoods, etc. Several stabbings, gangs, drugs, lots of section 8. That school is ghetto, drive by one day when school is getting out and you'll see what I mean.

House prices are so low right now you can do much better. Perrsonally I would take plainfield over Bolingbrook b/c it was built during the boom you cna get a SFH built in like 2005 for like 89k on a short sale or foreclosure. If you want to be in Bolingbrook even over by Boughton and Falconridge you can pick up a decent house in a decent neigbhorhood for a good price. Again its not naperville but not bad or dangerous or anyting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs