Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 03:40 PM

1 posts, read 6,678 times

Advertisements

Does anybody now of any "gang" activity in Woodridge? Or Bolingbrook?

Old 12-30-2010, 03:51 PM

588 posts, read 1,799,412 times
Bolingbrook is Latin Kings and GD's. But alot is smaller gang cliques. Basically home grown smaller gangs, like one might be called MBMP's, which means "more b*****s more problems". Intelligent creatures huh? Basically smaller less organized groups instead of a larger more structured gang.

Last edited by linicx; 12-30-2010 at 04:16 PM..

Old 12-30-2010, 04:23 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,061,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goins1119 View Post
Has anyone heard of any problems in University Park, Forest Park, or Matteson which were gang related?
Gangs in those three towns are pretty out of sight, out of mind. It's Chicago Heights that's had a lot of "gang related" incidents.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:09 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,525,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goins1119 View Post
I am curious about gang actvity. I am planning to relocate to Chicago from Riverdale, Georgia which is a subburb of Atlanta. There is alot of gang activity in the middle schools and highschools out here. Also alot of home invasions, which are probably gang related. I was wondering about gangs in the Chicago Subburbs? Has anyone heard of any problems in University Park, Forest Park, or Matteson which were gang related?

Peace&Love
goins1119
Is there any reason your picking those burbs? I'm not all that knowledgeable about those burbs but they are not burbs I would pick.

This is an assumption on my part but I'm guessing your either black or just want to live in a diverse area?

If you want diversity without crime and living in a crappy city I would choose Homewood/Flossmore area, I believe thats pretty diverse but much nicer.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:12 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,525,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofcjim40 View Post
Bolingbrook is Latin Kings and GD's. But alot is smaller gang cliques. Basically home grown smaller gangs, like one might be called MBMP's, which means "more b*****s more problems". Intelligent creatures huh? Basically smaller less organized groups instead of a larger more structured gang.
Though there are gangs I would say more so its like you described, kinda fake gangs a bunch of punk kids who make up a name and have some little fake gang click thing they make up.. Suburban kids who got cousins, uncles, etc who are in real gangs in the city. These kids wear baggy pants and try to come off as tough but are really just punks. To an outsider driving around I could see how it may seem dangerous/intimidating or whatever but if you know the area its just a bunch of idiots who think gang life is cool and try to copy the styles and stuff. Bolingbrook high school is a dump though.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr69 View Post
Though there are gangs I would say more so its like you described, kinda fake gangs a bunch of punk kids who make up a name and have some little fake gang click thing they make up.. Suburban kids who got cousins, uncles, etc who are in real gangs in the city. These kids wear baggy pants and try to come off as tough but are really just punks. To an outsider driving around I could see how it may seem dangerous/intimidating or whatever but if you know the area its just a bunch of idiots who think gang life is cool and try to copy the styles and stuff. Bolingbrook high school is a dump though.
Anyone who doesn't acknowledge the gang problem in suburban Chicago is seriously out of touch with the times..

Maybe it's different out west and up north though.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:55 PM

588 posts, read 1,799,412 times
Gangs in the farther out burbs can be quite different than "authentic" Chicago gangs. As an example we have plenty of Hispanics who claim GD and we have blacks that claim Latin King. I tell them all the time they are confused. Problem we have is legit gangbangers that have moved from the City to here. They start to organize all the little wanna be's and start to show them the way. The problem with the new breed of gangbanger is they have even less honor and a code of conduct from old school bangers. Yes I know saying "honor" related to Bangers sounds odd, but there was. Now you got a lot of young and stupid that want to make money and are in it for the thrill. We have no shortage of guns in the hands of the badguys around here. Just cause a kid runs around in a little made up gang with a dumb name doesn't mean the .38 revolver he's rolling around with in his pocket is any less deadly.

Years ago we did have a high ranking GD get arrested in the nice part of town. Gang activity can be anywhere and everywhere, just depends on how "public" they want to make themselves.

Here is an OK article. Of course both Romeoville and Bolingbrook have played down the prevailance because neither Mayor wants bad media making the paper.
http://www.buglenewspapers.com/printer_friendly/7723139 (broken link)

Last edited by linicx; 05-03-2011 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: typo correction

Old 01-07-2011, 12:29 PM

320 posts, read 717,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
It's possible. I will probably be blasted as racist, but I will lay out the facts anyway. There are a lot of gang problems in most of the black neighborhoods on the south side of Chicago. Many of the new residents of the south suburbs are from the south side of Chicago. It's quite possible some of these residents may have kids who had some associations with gangs. When they move to the suburbs, these associations may follow along. Also, there are south suburbs that do have known gang problems, like Harvey. These problems can spill over into neighboring towns that are otherwise quite safe. Having said that, I feel perfectly safe in Matteson and Park Forest (Forest Park is in west Cook County, almost 30 miles away). I feel reasonably safe in Richton Park, though my brother in law grew up there, and I have heard some stories of gang violence from him.
Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

Gang Activity affects many White, Hispanic and Asian Communities on the South, West and North Sides. There are gangs in Chinatown, there are Assyrian gangs (Assyrian Kings) on the northside, White gangs in such as the (two-sixers, saints and simon city royals). Most whites role with Latin gangs. Of course they don't talk about this on the news.

Almighty Saints - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Simon City Royals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chicago Gaylords - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Answers.com - What is the Assyrian kings gang

Old 01-07-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban_boy View Post
Most whites role with Latin gangs. Of course they don't talk about this on the news.
This should be well acknowledged..

A lot of Latin Counts and Latin Kings are white.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:27 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,191,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban_boy View Post
Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

Gang Activity affects many White, Hispanic and Asian Communities on the South, West and North Sides. There are gangs in Chinatown, there are Assyrian gangs (Assyrian Kings) on the northside, White gangs in such as the (two-sixers, saints and simon city royals). Most whites role with Latin gangs. Of course they don't talk about this on the news.

Almighty Saints - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Simon City Royals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chicago Gaylords - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Answers.com - What is the Assyrian kings gang
Two Sixers and Saints are predominately Mexican. Now it can be argued that some of the Mexican Two Sixers or Saints might be white(ancestry wise).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs