Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2009, 10:09 AM

211 posts, read 947,522 times

Advertisements

How do I find rentals in Arlington Hts? Is there a specific newpaper or website that they are listed on? Also how much could I expect to pay for a studio or 1 bedroom, nothing fancy, that allows a small dog (18 lbs)? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 10:09 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,739,335 times
For larger complexes, check out apartments.com or rentals.com.

Smaller units are more likely to be listed in Craigslist.com or The Daily Herald.

For what it's worth, I HIGHLY recommend Arbor Lakes apartments on Lake Cook Rd. Lived there for years, loved it, much better than many of the other large complexes. Our 1 bedroom there was around $850, that was a couple years ago, but they have different sizes and quality.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:42 AM

Thank you for your help. I will definitely check out the Arbor Lakes.

Is it more expensive to be closer to downtown Arlington Hts.? Where is the metra station and is there parking?

Old 03-09-2009, 02:19 PM

Also are there any areas or apt buildings we should avoid in Arlington Hts? I'd like to be as close to the downtown area as possible but hope to pay 800-900. Could probably go up to 1000 if we had to but prefer not to. I've been there before but don't know the very well. I've eaten downtown and have been to the big Japanese grocery store. thank you for your help.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:06 AM

818 posts, read 2,171,206 times
I lived in Dunton Tower downtown Arlington Heights for a year. You can probably still get a one bedroom for around 900, but I am not sure how they will feel about the dog/ extra charges usually apply. As far as being near all the restaurants and such downtown, you will be RIGHT THERE. You will, however, have to pay monthly for a parking spot. There are other apartments near downtown, as well as condos that are periodically rented out by people who need to move and cannot sell for the price they want. If you live near downtown, you will probably get a little bit less space for your money, but be near more excitment- a common trade off.

I would also recommend that you go into the Jewel downtown and pick up one of those renting guides that are availible for free in the front section. Also, if you ride your bike around the neighborhoods you are interested in living in, and look for "for rent" signs, sometimes you can find something that fits your needs.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:33 AM

Thank you SJayes. I'll look into Dunton Towers also. Do you know anything about Avalon? I see they allow dogs but are a bit on the pricey side. I'd really like to be close to downtown though so I know we may have to pay a bit more to do so. Are there any areas or apt complexes I should avoid completely?

Thank you.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:00 PM

818 posts, read 2,171,206 times
Avalon is pricier. I believe the place has more facilities such as pool/exercise equipment etc. I am guessing most likely it will be out of your price range, but feel free to give a call to their office.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:20 AM

2 posts, read 3,468 times
Hi,

I like Arbor Lakes too. Its a nice area and a beautiful place to live in and most importantly - really inexpensive. I also have a 2BR, 2BATH for rent in Arlington Hts. right next to Arbor Lakes. Beautiful, spacious, clean apartment - contact me @ [EMAIL="shweta.resume@gmail.com"]shweta.resume@gmail.com[/EMAIL] if you need to take a look at it. All the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
View detailed profiles of: