Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2007, 02:39 PM

54 posts, read 270,880 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to bargin shop from the companies I am currently using...besides Comcast, Nicor Gas, ComEd, Dish, & Direct TV, what other utility companies are available in this area?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 06:56 PM

148 posts, read 765,834 times
None that I know of. It seems the companies you mention pretty much have a monopoly of providing service throughout Chicagoland.

I can tell you with Comcast, if you call and complain about the price, or threaten to shut off your service, they will often give you a special promotional rate for a while. Again, this is not a guarantee, but I and a few others have done it on various occasions.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:48 PM

38 posts, read 830,618 times
Well I live in Grayslake and I know for sure for this suburb city the only phone company that we have to use from is AT&T. I tried all the other phone companies such as Sprint, Comcast and other little local companies and they each said they do not offer svc in the area. AT&T has the area locked up whereas you have no option but them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs