Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 03:08 PM

343 posts, read 1,316,722 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your replies.

I live in a 1 bedroom apartment in NYC with my spouse and I pay $1200. I hope I can get lesser rates in north brook.
May be I could consider neighboring areas to live so that we could commute to office by public transport/car.

I think university of illinois is in Chicago. Hopefully, I can travel to attend graduate school there on a daily basis.

Any opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 03:14 PM

252 posts, read 460,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehs View Post
My husband has got a job offer in north brook.
we are in NYC now
is north brook costlier than NYC?
how much will a 1 bedroom house cost us?
his project is in all state bank

are there good universitites there? how is public transport?

twaffle,
i did not mean to hijack your thread
i did not want to start a new one and that's why added here

No worries. I m also in Allstate. It's not that expensive compare to NYC. I did research on rent and its around 1000-1400 range.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Waffle View Post
No worries. I m also in Allstate. It's not that expensive compare to NYC. I did research on rent and its around 1000-1400 range.
thank you for your reply
how much does a 1 bed room aprt cost?
is there good public transport to chicago city?

Old 06-03-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
thank you for your reply
how much does a 1 bed room aprt cost?
is there good public transport to chicago city?

They have good metra system there. Much better than NJ. One bedroom apartment won't cost you more than $1,000 as One of my friend owns a condo and his mortgage is around $1300 or less for 2 bedroom condo.

I am renting a room near all state. contact me at djtapori@gmail.com

Old 06-03-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
They have good metra system there. Much better than NJ. One bedroom apartment won't cost you more than $1,000 as One of my friend owns a condo and his mortgage is around $1300 or less for 2 bedroom condo.

thank you for the information
i shall contact you if we decide to move
r u renting only 1 room? I want a 1 bed room since I have a family(spouse and kid)

Old 06-03-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:

which company do you work for?
may be we may even meet each other if i join allstate :-)

do you know any good public universitites around this area?

Old 06-03-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
thank you for the information
i shall contact you if we decide to move
r u renting only 1 room? I want a 1 bed room since I have a family(spouse and kid)
I am moving by myself. my wife is in NJ. I will be visiting her once or twice a month. I am renting a room so mostly 2 or 3 people sharing an apartment. I own a house in NJ so i need to see the cost effectiveness. You can easily find one bedroom apartment in Northbrook and near by areas.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I am moving by myself. my wife is in NJ. I will be visiting her once or twice a month. I am renting a room so mostly 2 or 3 people sharing an apartment. I own a house in NJ so i need to see the cost effectiveness. You can easily find one bedroom apartment in Northbrook and near by areas.
ok
We need a 1 BR actually.
LEt me know if u know any good areas.I think north brook is a small county so may be all state office will be pretty close

Old 06-04-2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
ok
We need a 1 BR actually.
LEt me know if u know any good areas.I think north brook is a small county so may be all state office will be pretty close

I am not the right person to ask about area as I am not yet there. I will be in Chicago on June 6th. So after that I will get to know it better.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,234 times
@waffle
Hi I am moving to allstate too, can you suggest for the places to live, and i have pretty much the same questions as you did in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs