Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 07:24 PM

1 posts, read 19,143 times

Advertisements

I need to know the quickest and cheapest route from the Doubletree in Rosemont to Wrigley Field in Chicago for May 29th and 30th. I've read that the blue-line train can get me there. Is this correct? About how much will this cost? All responses would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 07:25 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
Take the Blue line to Irving Park. Take the Irving Park bus east to Sheridan. Get off at Sheridan and walk 3 blocks south to the bleacher entrance or 4 blocks to the main entrance.

Order a 1 day fun pass ahead of time from the CTA for a roundtrip of $5.75 or buy a farecard at the Rosemont and put $4.75 on the card for a roundtrip.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:38 PM

328 posts, read 1,396,405 times
Default Excellent Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Take the Blue line to Irving Park. Take the Irving Park bus east to Sheridan. Get off at Sheridan and walk 3 blocks south to the bleacher entrance or 4 blocks to the main entrance.

Order a 1 day fun pass ahead of time from the CTA for a roundtrip of $5.75 or buy a farecard at the Rosemont and put $4.75 on the card for a roundtrip.
Do exactly what Avengerfire said. Do NOT let anyone tell you to take the Blue Line to Addison; the bus will be EXTREMELY crowded then and you will definitely be uncomfortable as it fills up (or is already full).

Taking the Irving Park bus to Sheridan is the best for Cubs traffic. Trust me, I have gotten stuck on the Addison bus before a Cubs game, and I could not have been more uncomfortable (it makes the Express Bus for work look empty!).

You can go to http://www.transitchicago.com to look up more information on the Pass or to see other things about taking the Blue Line.

Have fun! Enjoy the game!

Old 05-12-2009, 05:25 PM

202 posts, read 762,887 times
you can take the 80 bus, or X80 to Clark, as well and walk south to Wrigley.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:04 AM

11,975 posts, read 31,776,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainiac138 View Post
you can take the 80 bus, or X80 to Clark, as well and walk south to Wrigley.
I'd probably do that and avoid all of the buses and crazy traffic between the cemetaries. So basically, you do the same thing that Avengerfire was proposing but get off at Clark instead of Sheridan. It's a diagonal southeast walk instead of a straight shot south walk, but Irving Park gets kind of congested on game days just east of Clark. I live nearby and deal with it all of the time.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:07 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,380,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
I'd probably do that and avoid all of the buses and crazy traffic between the cemetaries. So basically, you do the same thing that Avengerfire was proposing but get off at Clark instead of Sheridan. It's a diagonal southeast walk instead of a straight shot south walk, but Irving Park gets kind of congested on game days just east of Clark. I live nearby and deal with it all of the time.
x3

Old 07-26-2009, 03:09 PM

28 posts, read 145,317 times
Default Visiting: Want to catch Cubs at Wrigley

I've never been to Chicago, I'll be visiting next month during a weekend with some buddies. We definitely would like to check out Wrigley Field. I just wanted to get the advice of the natives on whats the best way to get tickets.

I'm not looking for especially good tickets, we really just want to see the park and the atmosphere during a game.

The problem is that I'm finding the tickets available online are overpriced in my opinion (and I'm a Yankees fan, so I know overpriced). Is there any point in me buying tickets online, or should I just wait till gameday and try my luck outside the park?

I'll be in town for a weekend series against the Pirates, so it's not like the Cardinals or some other marquee team are in town.

Any advice is appreciated.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:27 PM

425 posts, read 1,436,386 times
Try Gold Coast Tickets. I haven't used them, but they're a relatively new service that has been doing a lot of advertising around town. If they're as good as their ads say, it's a pretty good source to get tickets.

However, since the game is against the Pirates, the tickets through Cubs.com shouldn't be too expensive.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:51 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,924,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemad View Post
I've never been to Chicago, I'll be visiting next month during a weekend with some buddies. We definitely would like to check out Wrigley Field. I just wanted to get the advice of the natives on whats the best way to get tickets.

I'm not looking for especially good tickets, we really just want to see the park and the atmosphere during a game.

The problem is that I'm finding the tickets available online are overpriced in my opinion (and I'm a Yankees fan, so I know overpriced). Is there any point in me buying tickets online, or should I just wait till gameday and try my luck outside the park?

I'll be in town for a weekend series against the Pirates, so it's not like the Cardinals or some other marquee team are in town.

Any advice is appreciated.
I am a firm believer in Stubhub. I got great cards / cubs tickets at wrigley for about 35 each.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:56 PM

28 posts, read 145,317 times
Was this closer to gameday? Because I'm having a hard time finding seats below $45 for the Pirates game. It may be because I am looking for an odd number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago