Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 02:09 AM

61 posts, read 72,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcho View Post
Well they caught one scum, all the way from West Lawn. Pretty far from any MLDs,

Top cop vows 'relentless' pursuit of gang involved in shooting of girls at park - Chicago Breaking News

Most of the shoe excrement comes from the south side in this city. People need to stop denying this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 04:28 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,101,688 times
I hope the judge throws the freaking gavel on these thugs

Disgusting if who ever commits these crimes get away light on this matter

Old 06-11-2011, 09:35 AM

5,980 posts, read 13,118,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartGXL View Post
Well, I live in lakeview now, and just today, I noticed the following:

1. Around noon, I was crossing Belmont and Clark, and there was a couple (latino man and woman) who were acting, lets say, "shifty". The woman was zig-zagging in front of me, as I walked in a straight line. She looked at my face and when I looked at hers, she gave me that weird look where they twist their head and try to look bug-eyed at you. I just stared right through her soul, and she looked away.

2. There is CONSTANTLY, especially at night, on Halsted Street, weird, shifty people walking around. When I lived in East Lakeview five years ago, I never saw people like this. They look you up and down, like they are sizing you up for a robbing or a shanking. I never saw these creepy people before. Where the hell did they come from? They sure as hell do not look like they live in Lakeview.

3. I have also noticed a lot of what I call "gay gangs" (gayngs?) walking around on Halsted. It seems like they were the ones causing all the trouble at the last two years' pride parades. Has anyone else noticed this 'element'? I never saw these people before, until recently.

SOMETHING is going on. I just cant tell what it is. It almost seems like all of this is organized.
You know what sounds hilarious about your post SmartGXL?

I remember reading some of your posts from other threads talking about how Chicago is ultra-liberal while smaller midwestern cities are not progressive have continuous racial tensions and are more conservative and not progressive.

Funny thing, is that this post shows exactly that Chicago, while being world class with a dazzling lakefront and better career opportunities than DET, STL, Cincy, Cleve, is ultimately not that different. There are so many examples, and this is just one of them, where you come across an suspicious, comfort zone-oriented attitude of: "You're no from around here are you?"

Chicago among its midwestern/rustbelt cohorts as being all in the top ten segregate metro areas in the country. And this makes me think that even those who love Chicago, supposedly embrace diversity, is still a product of this.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinessdanika99 View Post
Are you a transplant..because that is what most Chicagoans dont like about transplants. That sense of entitlement thinking Lakeview and Lincoln park are there neighborhoods. Those people you are encountering are probably true Chicagoans who have as much right to be where you live at right now. In my opinion your post is not good and probably shows you have deep sided racial tendencies you have to deal with.
Oh please!!

Since when are native Chicagoans supposedly free of theses racial tendencies??

Its only been a generation or so, when white Catholic ethnic groups, put up a lot of resistance to blacks moving in into working class neighborhoods in places like Bridgeport, and other areas on the far SW sides. On the far northwest sides, you didn't see as much tension, only because there were few blacks there.

And then, when they found out they couldn't hold control over the neighborhood, they all sold their homes in mass and moved out to Oak Lawn, etc. all together. A lot of the reasons why we have the ghettos in the first place, is somewhat indirectly related to white flight.

If anything, while I had to call out SmartGXL, many of the transplants tend to be more progressive and educated than generational working class Chicagoans, although certainly not necessarily always the case.

Chicago, with the other rustbelt cities (where a lot of the so called transplants come from) are all in the top ten most segregated metro areas.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:19 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsiderebel View Post
Most of the shoe excrement comes from the south side in this city. People need to stop denying this.
Not everyone on the South Side is trash. Have you ever been to the South Side, besides in a car traveling 40 mph? When was the last time you bothered to venture outside of your neighborhood?

Old 06-11-2011, 11:38 AM

2,300 posts, read 6,182,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
And then, when they found out they couldn't hold control over the neighborhood, they all sold their homes in mass and moved out to Oak Lawn, etc. all together...
And the irony is, have you been to Oak Lawn lately?

Old 06-11-2011, 12:36 PM

2,157 posts, read 5,491,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
And the irony is, have you been to Oak Lawn lately?
I think Oak Lawn was just the first stop....((train blows steam & whistle)) "NEXT STOP! ORRRLLLLAAANNNNNNNDDD PARK!

Old 06-11-2011, 12:41 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,374,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prinessdanika99 View Post
Are you a transplant..because that is what most Chicagoans dont like about transplants. That sense of entitlement thinking Lakeview and Lincoln park are there neighborhoods. Those people you are encountering are probably true Chicagoans who have as much right to be where you live at right now. In my opinion your post is not good and probably shows you have deep sided racial tendencies you have to deal with.
Well, not matter what you think, my post was 'good', and there is nothing you can do about that. It is permanently good.

I have lived in the Chicago area for 13 years. And, I have a mixture of ethnic background...german, spanish AND african ancestry, believe it or not. And, my sister-in-law is from Mexico. I like people of all races. I am not 'racist'. So take your worn-out 'racist accusation' technique and stick it down your troll-hole. The american public is waking up to these race-card techniques and we are getting tired of it. People are starting to get organized, and starting to march down the streets if we have to, to put an end to the nightmare world that the global banking cartel have tried to create. It is starting to become well-known, that the globalist banksters FUND the inner-city gangs. And, although everyone has a right to walk around in any neighborhood, those of us who DO live here (regardless of how long we have been here) have a right to live in peace, and live near other people who want peace and to live intelligent lives, and not have to be intimidated by thugs and a-holes. Those people who wants to attack people and rob people, are human garbage and they deserve to live in a hell-hole ghetto.

The funny thing is, those weirdos who were trying to act like that, they themselves are TRANSPLANTS as well...from Mexico!

I have nothing against ANY race. I just want to live in peace, without having to 'do battle' with low-lifes every time I step outside my door to get coffee!

Old 06-11-2011, 12:47 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,374,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
Oh please!!

Since when are native Chicagoans supposedly free of theses racial tendencies??

Its only been a generation or so, when white Catholic ethnic groups, put up a lot of resistance to blacks moving in into working class neighborhoods in places like Bridgeport, and other areas on the far SW sides. On the far northwest sides, you didn't see as much tension, only because there were few blacks there.

And then, when they found out they couldn't hold control over the neighborhood, they all sold their homes in mass and moved out to Oak Lawn, etc. all together. A lot of the reasons why we have the ghettos in the first place, is somewhat indirectly related to white flight.

If anything, while I had to call out SmartGXL, many of the transplants tend to be more progressive and educated than generational working class Chicagoans, although certainly not necessarily always the case.

Chicago, with the other rustbelt cities (where a lot of the so called transplants come from) are all in the top ten most segregated metro areas.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'call me out'. Generally, I have felt that race relations in Chicago have been MUCH BETTER than in places like Dayton or Cincinnati. When you go there, there is a LOT of racial tension. But here in Chicago, I have always felt that different races get along a lot better here. But now, the gangs are trying to upset all of that. Most people in Chicago want to move past race, and work together. But these recent attacks are endangering that, as people will start to 'suspect' other people on the street when they see them.

Old 06-11-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartGXL View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by 'call me out'. Generally, I have felt that race relations in Chicago have been MUCH BETTER than in places like Dayton or Cincinnati. When you go there, there is a LOT of racial tension. But here in Chicago, I have always felt that different races get along a lot better here. But now, the gangs are trying to upset all of that. Most people in Chicago want to move past race, and work together. But these recent attacks are endangering that, as people will start to 'suspect' other people on the street when they see them.
I think in general no matter where you go the majority of anyone anwhere wants to move past race. And I would say race relation issues no matter where you go (at least in urban/metropolitan areas) are very intertwined with crime and violence.

And if Chicagoans have been getting along and working together. It hasn't really been that long. The older generation of ethnic Catholics back in the 60s and 70s, if you read the book "Boss" by Mike Royko, threw rocks and bottles at Martin Luther King. Add on top of that, the 1968 conventions. Now yes, that is a long time ago, but Royko views Chicago in the book as being a more conservative city than LA, San Francisco and New York. While the city has absolutely changed, is it possible that the lack of racial integration 40 years ago, has produced a negative karma that comes back to bite us. I am NOT sticking up for anyone who is committing crimes. I am not arguing that indeed they are good for nothing scumbags. But everything happens for a reason. Just like World War II which began in 1939 in Europe wouldn't have happened if it were not for the Versailles treaty which was signed in 1939. Were Hitler and the Nazis scumbags? Absolutely!! But the German people would NOT have listened to the nazis, if Germany wasn't punished so severely. They would have developed the feelings of revenge and wouldn't have elected the wackos.

The point is, is that current problems are the result of what happened in over a few decades. And maybe the racial tensions of the 60s and 70s were possibly not nearly as resolved as Chicago entered a more progressive era.

And certainly progressive neighborhoods in more "provincial" cities are more liberal than working class generational neighborhoods in more "world class" cities. IE: Clifton/Northside in Cincinnati are much more cosmopolitan-minded than Mount Greenwood and Garfield Ridge in Chicago. Even the ratio of progressive/cosmopolitan neighborhoods in bigger cities maybe higher. So you get variation no matter where you go. Plus cities can easily go in cycles. In 1960 Detroit was considered the MODEL city in America where both blacks and whites (and other groups) had good jobs, homes, and got along. NO ONE knew what would happen in the summer of 1967. Cincinnati might have been more progressive at one time, but after WWII, impoverished white Appalachians and southern blacks were moving into the city in droves looking for work at the same time, creating the tensions that that city has had to deal with.

BTW: I'm curious how are global banking cartels funding gangs. Thats the first time I've heard that. And I am curious to know what thats all about.

Last edited by Tex?Il?; 06-11-2011 at 01:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago