Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 08:39 AM

10 posts, read 14,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightlybraisedturnip View Post
Women that should not even consider emailing me on the internet do it all the time. Ones that have ovaries drying up and should be jumping all over me act aloof. And it's not my own perception, I sure of it. It's widespread.
And... I think we've discovered why you might be single. Look, I'm not trying to toot my own horn here, but I'm an attractive woman. And THAT remark and attitude? I find that to be a complete turn off, no matter how attractive a man may be. Let me rephrase - you are not doing a woman any favors by giving her attention simply because YOU believe she is at an age where she should be having children. If a woman isn't interested, it doesn't mean there is something inherently wrong with her, she's just not interested. Are you attracted to every woman you meet? Probably not. Also, with age, comes wisdom. So the same *******s you may have been naively attracted to in your 20s, are not the same guys you're going to go for in your 30s. You're much wiser now, some people may call that being 'picky' but it's really being discerning. I have dating men that are physically not in my league. I don't care if you're a bit pudgy, or balding or whatever, but personality and attitude - I don't mess around with. That's why men with the types of attitude you seem to have reflected above, end up sleeping around yet wake up one day and realize that everyone else is paired off. After years of sleeping around and not really feeling fulfilled (yet believe that they are a catch like you described and deserve the very best) they now want to settle down But no one they would actually want to settle down with, will take them seriously. I see it All. The. Time.

Not all mind you, but I find a lot of men get this entitlement sense that you yourself are complaining about. I don't want to be with a man that thinks he's so entitled, it's the most unattractive quality I can think of.

**It's worth mentioning: the study that shows that women's fertility takes a dramatic drop after 35, is actually based on data from over 300 years ago, before antibiotics, etc. Fertility does dip, but it's not as dramatic as you think. Also, women aren't the only ones that should be concerned with fertility. Older men, while they may still have sperm, their sperm also ages. Old sperm has defects as well and leads to higher rates of autism and more. So, don't think because you're 50 you can just pick up a 30 year old, assuming she wants someone that much older (which she doesn't) and expect you can have kids just fine.

Sorry for the long winded response but that comment really irked me and I felt the need to educate anyone willing to grow up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 09:10 AM

2,884 posts, read 4,990,757 times
you do realize you resurrected a 2 yr old thread? Haven't seen that user around here lately.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:25 PM

10 posts, read 14,138 times
Ah, leave it to a newbie to some how find old stuff! Didn't mean to resurrect. Sorry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago