Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 04:25 AM

8 posts, read 8,808 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm going to Chicago for graduate study this August and I've already found an apartment located in Gold Coast Area. My background is: I'm a female from China, and I rent the apartment with 2 other guys from China too. They're my friends and will study in Chicago for graduate level too. We're looking for the last roomate, wherever he or she comes from. We decide 4 people sharing the apartment together. But finding the last roomate is quite hard. Any nice suggestions about the quicker ways to search for roomates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 01:06 PM

622 posts, read 1,196,588 times
Did you already try Craigslist as was suggested in the other thread?

Old 08-01-2011, 01:09 PM

2,474 posts, read 4,166,049 times
Craigslist.com

Old 08-01-2011, 04:47 PM

1,325 posts, read 4,197,646 times
Roommates, roommate finder and roommate search service

You can check out the above without an account. It has photos of each potential roommate and requested move in date along with other pertinent info. I have not used this site personally but they seem to have a lot of Chicago folks.

And of course craigslist.com as the above posters mentioned

Old 08-01-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulful View Post
Roommates, roommate finder and roommate search service

You can check out the above without an account. It has photos of each potential roommate and requested move in date along with other pertinent info. I have not used this site personally but they seem to have a lot of Chicago folks.

And of course craigslist.com as the above posters mentioned
Yeah I've been the website before but it seems it'll charge a little for providing further information about the roommates. I assume all of these websites providing roommates matching services require some money? I'm wondering whether there're some for free.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:06 PM

2,474 posts, read 4,166,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoxiao View Post
I'm wondering whether there're some for free.
Yes, there is, Craigslist.com

Old 08-01-2011, 08:23 PM

427 posts, read 463,308 times
The chicagoreader.com still has possibilities too.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaiter View Post
Yes, there is, Craigslist.com
Thanks I'll try, last time when I entered into Craigslist I didn't see where to post ads to find roomates. I'll try again.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:48 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
I don't think a person of student age would prefer to live in the Gold Coast if they were aware of the other neighborhood options available. It sounds like you're trying to overcrowd the apartment, and while I'm not against doing that, I wouldn't do it just so you could afford to live in the Gold Coast. It's not worth it.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I don't think a person of student age would prefer to live in the Gold Coast if they were aware of the other neighborhood options available. It sounds like you're trying to overcrowd the apartment, and while I'm not against doing that, I wouldn't do it just so you could afford to live in the Gold Coast. It's not worth it.
I prefer living in the Gold Coast as the transportation there is quite convenient for me to get to school.Only 5 minutes walk to a CTA station and then 5-10 minutes to downtown. My school is located in downtown. Actually I also searched for lots of other places to live but the distance to school is quite long for me and I'm not sure if thers's any quick bus or train, since I'm not familiar with this city. Other neighborhood...like what? South and west part is not safe I don't want to go. I can only make choices in the near north side and within the area not exceeding lincoln park considering going to school. I think gold coast is ok for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago