Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 07:35 AM

3,569 posts, read 7,199,361 times

Advertisements

There's always worst things.
People always say that...

We shouldn't attend to a broken finger because someone else was shot in the leg?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 09:15 AM

936 posts, read 2,069,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
First of all, my heart goes out to the victim. There's nothing funny about seeing someone being assaulted. But, I have to admit, looking at how weak those goons were, made me laugh. He wore them all down, without throwing one punch. Who would have thought that one mark could be so outmanned, and still have the strength to outrun his perpetrators? I wish he wasn't so scared. He could have actually beat all six of them. I'm sorry, but they were sloppy and out of shape.
He outran them shoeless in the snow too. It was suprising that he had enough strength left in him to be able to run away like that, but then again his adrenaline probably helped. Poor kid, hes lucky they didnt find any bricks, bottles, or other deadly weapons laying around as I'm afraid they would have used it on him.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:44 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,879,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowen View Post
He outran them shoeless in the snow too. It was suprising that he had enough strength left in him to be able to run away like that, but then again his adrenaline probably helped. Poor kid, hes lucky they didnt find any bricks, bottles, or other deadly weapons laying around as I'm afraid they would have used it on him.
Well, my opinion of how poor he is changed dramatically with the news that he had done something similar recently. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:01 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,211,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
We shouldn't attend to a broken finger because someone else was shot in the leg?
No, but you should concentrate on stopping the leg from bleeding before bothering with the broken finger. Police and court resources are limited, and if this hadn't been videotaped I doubt it would have gotten any attention at all.

This appears to an ongoing dispute between a group of kids, which is of MUCH less concern than gangs, home invasions, rapes, and many other crimes that are occurring on a regular basis. I do think these kids need to have the book thrown at them, but I really can't get too concerned about kids beating the crap out of each other - both sides are likely guilty to some degree in this.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:17 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,879,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post
No, but you should concentrate on stopping the leg from bleeding before bothering with the broken finger. Police and court resources are limited, and if this hadn't been videotaped I doubt it would have gotten any attention at all.

This appears to an ongoing dispute between a group of kids, which is of MUCH less concern than gangs, home invasions, rapes, and many other crimes that are occurring on a regular basis. I do think these kids need to have the book thrown at them, but I really can't get too concerned about kids beating the crap out of each other - both sides are likely guilty to some degree in this.
Agreed. Chicago just has more pressing problems.

News:

Dad of teen held in videotaped beating:

Old 01-19-2012, 04:49 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
Well, my opinion of how poor he is changed dramatically with the news that he had done something similar recently. Live by the sword, die by the sword.
Eye for an eye, no doubt. Karma is a beeotch.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:35 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,351,543 times
Just thinking about this incident: They said that $180 in cash and shoes were taken from the victim... what highschooler carries around $180 in cash?! weird.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:16 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
Of course violence like this is inherently pretty awful, but the way things are in this city, I tend to assume that the victim isn't so innocent himself unless proven otherwise. I just don't think it's very common for upstanding citizens to get jumped in broad daylight. Save your grief for people like the Roseland kid.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:36 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
Just thinking about this incident: They said that $180 in cash and shoes were taken from the victim... what highschooler carries around $180 in cash?! weird.
The highschooler who plans on buying a varsity jacket, or a classmates use laptop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago