Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 08:18 PM

2,990 posts, read 5,279,404 times

Advertisements

I want to hear 'Take a Sip'.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:25 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,442 times
People are freaking out on racial fronts lately. Like racial hate-driven thugs have practiced for decades against blacks, the increase of this kind of incident although frustrating, is not surprising. The interesting factor is yes, the limousine, which wouldn't be convenient to your average ghetto hoodrat, making this episode appear to me as retaliation for some reason possibly. Could the motivation have been omitted to imply yet another reverse racism claim? Hmm..

Old 07-10-2012, 08:54 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,300,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Speaking of civilized, if their wasn't such a brutal history behind that word then it wouldn't have the same meaning that it does today.

I love it when white people claim to be so 'civilized'. It's like they don't know their own history.
It's a word. It has a meaning. I used it correctly. Lectures about history are completely off-topic.

Be careful: your sweeping statement about "white people" here is kind of race-baiting.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:48 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,317,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipGrant View Post
Two wrongs dont make a right but these charges should be thrown out if slurs are mentioned at any part in the video. It is unacceptable and whoever got beat should be charged with a hate crime.
You, sir, need to brush up on the United States Constitution. In particular the First Amendment.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:25 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier xerxes View Post
Yeah thats a good place to film a rap video, Wrigelyville where drunk obnoxious frat boys hangout. These guys also had rap sheets, so that USUALLY speaks to poor judgement.

Business? Yeah they werent looking for trouble? Rap videos in Wrigleyville go together like filming jack***** stunts in the hood go over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
I wouldn't call 30 year old men 'kids'. On the flip side, what did those white guys think was going to happen when they yelled out racial slurs? Sounds like people were looking for trouble all around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Yep, exactly. I tend to brush off people who have been drinking. I've learned that a midwestern farm boy + alcohol does not mix. People tend to get stupid when they're drunk. Sometimes the truth comes out in what's going on in their minds, but I learn to brush it off too. Many people are complete ignoramuses when they drink.
Yeah,

To be honest

frat dude + alcohol + person of color nearby = not good

I'm not condoning what they did but hey, don't expect everyone to just brush it off and keep it moving if you yell some racial slurs, and that goes for any person of any race. Especially at someone who looks like a "thug". That can get you killed or in this case beaten up.

As far as the music video, unless the song was about taking a sip of beer at a ballgame, Wrigleyville would not be on my top list of places to shoot a video like that. Would've been better off in Wicker Park or even Lincoln Park. Adriannas in Markaham would be a good choice.

#justsayin
mas23

Old 07-10-2012, 11:36 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,920,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post

frat dude + alcohol + person of color nearby = not good
That pretty much sums it up.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:23 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,038,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
The name of the music video was take a sip. It was a celebratory scene. Wrigleyville being one of the premier night spots in the area, the neighborhood was fitting.
Don't take this the wrong way, but in many of your posts, you sound like you're defending these guys' actions?

Calling someone an N is wrong. However, it's not illegal and is not a defense for assault. End of story.

These guys, proven by their extensive criminal past, have shown they have little regard for the law and have the inability to determine the difference between right and wrong.

Had they been turning their lives around as their mommies claim, they would not have put themselves in a situation KNOWING that cops would be on them in a matter of minutes.

Just poor decisionmaking all around but pretty consistent with their past behaviour.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:37 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,038,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
That pretty much sums it up.

I was in a fraternity, at a Big 10 school, lived in Wrigleyville for my first 5 years in Chgo.....wow, I just realized I'm a drunk, racist, homophobic, backwards ballcap wearing yuppie.
Thanks for confirming all the stereotypes I've always been curious about.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:22 AM

1,495 posts, read 2,300,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I was in a fraternity, at a Big 10 school, lived in Wrigleyville for my first 5 years in Chgo.....wow, I just realized I'm a drunk, racist, homophobic, backwards ballcap wearing yuppie.
Thanks for confirming all the stereotypes I've always been curious about.
This is the best part. Can you imagine being a homophobe in Lakeview? Constant stress!

Old 07-11-2012, 07:08 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
It's definitely interesting how breezily some stereotypes, biases and prejudices get traded in this thread, not infrequently by some admonishing not to draw any similar conclusions about the arrested parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago