Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 03:24 PM

4,665 posts, read 4,977,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0nginmyheart View Post
This summarizes most of my sentiments, especially points 1 and 2: The Chick Fellatio: stuck in the craw | Owldolatrous Productions
It's a long read, but I hope you take the time to read it.

How would you feel if Cathay donated $5 million to take away Women's Civil Rights? To take away civil rights from African Americans? Seems silly, in retrospect, that these were once the national divide, doesn't it?

Also an interesting read from the Chicago franchisee: Chicago Chick-fil-A owner goes on-record about gay rights - 3601 - Gay Lesbian Bi Trans News - Windy City Times
I would hope it would not hurt his chances of obtaining a zoning variance.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:26 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I would hope it would not hurt his chances of obtaining a zoning variance.
I wouldn't. He can say what he likes and donate who he likes to. He has no right to a zoning variance.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:36 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Well, I kinda like that one franchisee has bucked the trend.

Going Rogue: New Hampshire Chick-fil-A Will Sponsor Gay Pride Fest | NewsFeed | TIME.com

Old 08-03-2012, 04:05 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Since it all started in Chicago, are you still following the story?

I really don't like how it's being politicized and will really disagree if this finds it's way into being an election issue.

I see this as a free speech issue, nothing else. Mr Cathy doesn't hate gays or anyone else. His OPINION is that he believes in marriage between a man and woman. Period.
My take is I don't like how certain group of people thought they had the power to shut down a company based on who they donat to. When you boycott the main goal is to starve a company out to force some sort of change, but the truth is this group of people don't have any real power, because they truely under estimate the opposition. When the gay movement & their followers use these bully tactics it forces people to choose sides. I think its better to fly under the radar.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:15 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,356,588 times
I don't get the issue. GAY MARRIAGE IS NOT LEGAL. So the city is now allowed to discriminate against a private company by not letting them build new stores, because the owner supports an issue that is legal? So any business owner who does not support gay marriage is not allowed to open a business in Chicago now? WOW! Now that is discrimination. Half of the businesses wouldn't exist then. The owner of Chick Filet is being accused of discrimination. Its not discrimination at all. Its just his personal belief. They hire gay people and serve gay people. Whats the issue?!?! Should we not allow catholic churches in Chicago? The liberals are way out of line here. A bunch of whiny babies if you ask me. Everyone loves to over react about everything.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:59 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,265,438 times
Gay marriage is legal in Illinois. Period. End of thread.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:10 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,265,438 times
Well, I was wrong. Chet pointed out a 1980s law that restricts marriage as to one man and one woman. By this statement, it is fair to say Gay Marriage in Illinois is not permitted by law. A Gay Union is, and it holds the same weight in every Illinois Court, as a marriage. Anything else is semantics. It is an election year, and there are all types of people willing to do anything to: 1-) Get their name/face in national news, 2- Promote a popular agenda, or 3- Gain profit. The rest of the noise surrounding this is semantics.

Last edited by linicx; 08-05-2012 at 07:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: