Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2012, 07:53 PM

355 posts, read 1,047,367 times

Advertisements

After the last hot Winter and the hellish Summer, how is Fall shaping up to be? Do temps feel like they are normalizing or do they still feel hot for the time of year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 09:18 PM

968 posts, read 2,666,783 times
I think we're still a little above average ..but, one thing that's steady and immune from climatology is that we have been losing daylight , and the day to day process accelerates in September...combine that with the sun angles, and .. We won't see very many more 80s ..the 70s will start getting more spread out .. Lower Dew Points mean cooler nights .. and I hear some speculation that the early spring bloom means we'll be a week or two quicker with the color change ( which is only 3-4 weeks away anyway) .. It'll be Fall .. Warm days , crisp nights ..a good season around here ..

Old 09-15-2012, 09:31 PM

3,697 posts, read 4,999,583 times
For Chicago this fall is normal. A tad above average but not way out of range. Last summer was not hellish. Hotter than usual but there were breaks in the heat(i.e. I can remember some in the 80ies that were worse). Last winter howeverer was bizare.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:31 AM

Guess you guys will have to wait until Winter hits and see if everything is back to normal. I would hate to move to Chicago and not have enough snow to get sick of it.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrenb5 View Post
Guess you guys will have to wait until Winter hits and see if everything is back to normal. I would hate to move to Chicago and not have enough snow to get sick of it.
Our winter is kinda fickle and chicago doesn't get that much snow that often. We are freeze\thaw and it tends to snow in 2-8, maybe 10 inches every now and then. However two or three times in ten years we get hit with a blizard and then it is 10+ inches of snow all at once.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:43 PM

Every now and then is perfect, just as long as we got snow. That way my wife will not hate Chicago because of the snow. Probably because of the cold though.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrenb5 View Post
Every now and then is perfect, just as long as we got snow. That way my wife will not hate Chicago because of the snow. Probably because of the cold though.
LOL, nah snow is pretty but scrapping your windshiled off and digging out can get old quick. I love winter, but it does have it's downsides. What really looks nice is if the lake freezes(it won't happen every year and it isn't enough to hold any wieght but it is ice as far as the eye can see). Also fun seeing stuff steam(like sewer pipes and the lake). Kids love snowball fights and making snowmen.

Other thing to hate about snow is when it gets dirty(it turns an ugly greyish from the soot and what not in the air sometimes if it lasts awhile). That does not look so pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago