Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 11:21 AM

1,953 posts, read 4,960,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
I would argue that Rose's ability to score and contort his body in mid-air is particularly skillful. He's a scoring point guard and that's what he does well. He had 7.7 assists per game, which is pretty good for his style of play. His shooting numbers would be better if the Bulls had someone else who could create his own shot. Before the injury he could make an open 20 footer, which is all he really needs to do to keep the defense honest.

He's not LeBron but his skill level is still high.
I think the Boozer/Rose combo should be great. Rose's ability to penetrate and kick it back to boozer to make the 15footer. As is Boozer is always doubled, someone would have to leave him to stop Rose, and he can just kick it back to Boozer. It would be nice if we could actually see it in action
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 11:31 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long101 View Post
I think the Boozer/Rose combo should be great. Rose's ability to penetrate and kick it back to boozer to make the 15footer. As is Boozer is always doubled, someone would have to leave him to stop Rose, and he can just kick it back to Boozer. It would be nice if we could actually see it in action
This year's version of Boozer and Rose would have worked well running the pick and roll/pop and some penetrate and dish like you're talking about. Boozer has actually shown a decent ability to score 1 on 1 in the post (although it's usually a fade away jumper). Even with Boozer and Deng, it always seemed like the only option against good defensive teams was Derrick creating something as the shot clock ran down.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:42 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Quote:

Boozer sucks though. He's soft and overrated.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:53 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,504,621 times
Damn... the lack of NBA and basketball knowledge is really showing in this thread from a few posters. It's seriously laughable.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfiqmp View Post
Damn... the lack of NBA and basketball knowledge is really showing in this thread from a few posters. It's seriously laughable.
Why don't you educate us then?

Old 05-06-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Boozer sucks though. He's soft and overrated.
I hope your joking... Bulls.com isnt showing the regular season, but in the playoffs he is averaging the most PPG, best FG%, and most rebounds per game. Mind you this is while being double teamed the entire game. I believe he was also in the top 3 for the most double doubles in the eastern conference.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:57 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,206,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
First of all, if you think Derrick Rose is an average shooter, a below average passer, and not particularly skilled, that would fall under the category of... YOUR PROBLEM.
The stats that you posted show that his shooting percentage is two percentage points higher than the league average. Please explain how that's not an average shooter.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
I hope your joking... Bulls.com isnt showing the regular season, but in the playoffs he is averaging the most PPG, best FG%, and most rebounds per game. Mind you this is while being double teamed the entire game. I believe he was also in the top 3 for the most double doubles in the eastern conference.
I wasn't joking. Maybe I just don't like the guy. I'm not a big fan of professional basketball these days anyway.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
I wasn't joking. Maybe I just don't like the guy. I'm not a big fan of professional basketball these days anyway.
I usually like the guys that nobody else tends to like (I'm a big Cutler fan ). I think everybody expected too much from him. His Defense certainly isnt great, but he has been fantastic elsewhere, IMO

Old 05-06-2013, 12:11 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,504,621 times
Quote:
Why don't you educate us then?
No reason to waste my time. When someone actually has the audacity to say a player like Rose isn't skilled and it's all athleticism, they don't deserve a response. Lots of guys are athletic in the NBA... it's the NBA, the best players in the World play in this league. That's all I'm going to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago