Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 05:26 PM

2,421 posts, read 4,318,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
Born and raised in Chicago myself, and I love the Taste. I spend the same there that I do at a night out to dinner, 40-60 bucks for 2 people should be fine. Just buy early at the grocery store or wherever they're preselling them this year. You get free music!!, free samples, chances to win stuff, near the lake/downtown when you wouldn't normally be. For someone who doesn't live downtown, i.e. the majority of the citizens, this is a plus.

Negatives debunked -
crowds: hello you live in Chicago. I guess I'm just desensitized to crowded places and rowdy people. You get the same crowd at the fireworks, rallys, other street festivals, navy pier, the beach.
Price: I don't see myself spending more than 30 bucks for 1 person. About the same as dinner at a decent restaurant.
Cheaper to go to the real restaurant: to go to all the full restaurants they have there, would take weeks and tons of gas money, therefore defeating the argument of cheaper.
I don't have car and I use my CTA pass to get around. So technically I don't pay a cent more when I go to a restaurant since I use a 30 day pass. OHHHH DEBUNKED!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 06:57 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,746,125 times
I just went to the Taste today with my mom. We spent $24 in tickets and that got us several food samples. I told my mom not to waste 5 tickets on simple corn on the cob. And 20 oz soda was 6 tickets. But the restaurant selection this year wasn't as good as previous years, and Connie's Pizza wasn't that great.

But I saw some pretty asian woman I'd love to date, - my height and clothes size, but they were taken.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:23 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,320,406 times
Default Re: When you see what is walking around at the Taste of Chicago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
do you feel disgusted about the state of humanity, and the fellow humans that reside amongst you on this planet?
No, because I never go. In 18 years living in Chicago, I've only been to the Taste twice -- and those occasions were because someone else wanted to go and asked me.

I agree with previous posters that you're better off going to the actual restaurants. They generally don't give you the best they have to offer at their Taste booths.

As for feeling "disgusted about the state of humanity", I often feel that way just walking down the street.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:24 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,320,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
But I saw some pretty asian woman I'd love to date, - my height and clothes size, but they were taken.
Oh, that's too bad... You could've doubled your wardrobe!

Old 07-13-2013, 02:44 AM

122 posts, read 253,253 times
Ever been to the taste of Lakeview? Never seen so many airheaded ugly people in my life. Some people just age badly...

Old 07-13-2013, 06:22 PM

846 posts, read 1,400,926 times
I went. I'm a new Chicago resident and thought "Why not?" I'm glad I did go... as I don't make enough money (yet) to visit all those places within financial reason.

However, my girlfriend and I got 1 strip (ahead of time) each. So $14 total. We struggled to spend it all... we even gave 3 tickets away before we left. My girlfriend is making healthier food choices and I'm a vegetarian, so our options were fairly limited considering our budget.

The free music was fun but I was glad to get home at the end of the day.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:42 PM

536 posts, read 830,177 times
Never noticed any people being there. Too busy eating.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:40 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,746,125 times
It's the people you see that eat at buffets like Golden Corral that are pathetic. Many are overweight obese people feeding their bad food habit.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:32 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,207,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
do you feel disgusted about the state of humanity, and the fellow humans that reside amongst you on this planet?
No (because I don't go to Taste of Chicago), but I do get that reading some people's posts on this forum.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:48 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,920,976 times
Don't like ordinary Americans? Get to know some, you might learn something.

Geez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: