Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 08:33 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,493,467 times

Advertisements

Chicago got its own reality tv show on BRAVO! "100 days of summer"
It's fun when you know where they are at all times.

Anyways, Im sure no one cares but me. Im a sucker for these shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 11:29 PM

79 posts, read 140,161 times
What channel and what time?

Old 02-04-2014, 11:59 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,937,691 times
I watched the first few episodes. yeah it's fun seeing places you know, but the show sucks and is only representative of a small part of Chicago. They make people believe that everyone is like that but what do you expect out of Bravo?

Old 02-05-2014, 05:47 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,409,141 times
I think the show is alright, but I really don't dig the premise, i.e. "nothing else happens in Chicago outside of summer, so we have to get our year's worth of work/partying/sex/drama etc. done in 100 days." The cast definitely feed that line back at you repeatedly. "Summer's soooo short, I have to get this building done;" "Summer's soooo short I have to be married already." "Summer's soooo short, I have to finish my [ridiculous dog-and-people-matching] clothing line already."

I mean, I like the trash, don't get me wrong but on similar shows in places that also have this thing called winter, beating the clock until we all apparently hibernate on Sept 1 isn't their mantra.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:55 AM

934 posts, read 1,442,174 times
Maybe I haven't seen enough of the show, but the first thing that struck me was "Wow, these people have the least amount of plastic surgery I've ever seen on a Bravo reality show..." Anyway, it's cool to see locations around the city, but I am getting so tired of all the shows about the upper crust.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:25 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,209,063 times
We watched and were laughing right away "The Chicago social scene is really small and clique - everyone knows everyone else's business".

What??

The guy Vince: "I pretty much run the entire Chicago club scene, I have a lot on my plate". Then others keep referencing how the guy "runs the Chicago social scene".

Umm, I'm sorry. Maybe you run it for your friends. They keep talking like ANYONE actually knows who these people are. I was talking about the gay one, but none of my friends nor myself have ever heard of the guy. It was super awkward when he went out on the blind date with the kid and right away was screaming about getting married and having kids, while the date was super "wtf!?" and just got totally trashed on martini's then spilled stuff on himself. I was at Kit Kat for brunch last Sunday and the girl Phillips was there with a gaggle of gay guys eating.

Honestly that was the only part I could relate to - that Chicagoans love to party their asses off and drink like fish during the summer compared to most other cities I've visited.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:33 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,937,691 times
^ That was my thought. They basically tried to talk up that Vince guy. he does well for business, but in no way is he actually known. I looked on Facebook and have three friends in common with him - they are all in the entertainment/hospitality industry. Outside of that, everyone I know who watched the show and is active in nightlife in Chicago even downtown hasn't a ****ing clue who he is.

The gay guy, Jay, is the only "normal" one on the show, and also the former NFL player is almost normal to me at least. The Jay guy does own FLATS, which is well known in circles, but yeah. I have a friend who knows Jay and says he's cool.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
I think the show is alright, but I really don't dig the premise, i.e. "nothing else happens in Chicago outside of summer, so we have to get our year's worth of work/partying/sex/drama etc. done in 100 days." The cast definitely feed that line back at you repeatedly. "Summer's soooo short, I have to get this building done;" "Summer's soooo short I have to be married already." "Summer's soooo short, I have to finish my [ridiculous dog-and-people-matching] clothing line already."

I mean, I like the trash, don't get me wrong but on similar shows in places that also have this thing called winter, beating the clock until we all apparently hibernate on Sept 1 isn't their mantra.
lol, You are right!

Old 02-05-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefallensrvnge View Post
Maybe I haven't seen enough of the show, but the first thing that struck me was "Wow, these people have the least amount of plastic surgery I've ever seen on a Bravo reality show..." Anyway, it's cool to see locations around the city, but I am getting so tired of all the shows about the upper crust.
That is so true! And they keep talking about how hot this girl "Pascal" is. Sure, she is very pretty but they talk like she is the hottest thing they ever laid their eyes on. But that goes back to what you said..no plastic surgery.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
I watched the first few episodes. yeah it's fun seeing places you know, but the show sucks and is only representative of a small part of Chicago. They make people believe that everyone is like that but what do you expect out of Bravo?
That is typical of these show. Maybe they will add to it later and cover a larger area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago